Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Windows 10 & Directx12.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
With the new API, will we see a cut in System Requirements if we were to use the backend on Dolphin?
We don't know.
Maybe in the future, but not right away.
I seriously hope we can get this massive drawcall performance improvement, and multithreaded rendering with DX12, added to Dolphin (and various other emulators.) Especially for Dolphin-VR. Until you've experienced Metroid Prime in an Oculus Rift running at full speed and culling disabled, you haven't experienced just how amazing Dolphin truly is capable of being. And right now we are heavily limited by CPU performance due to the sheer amount of geometry and drawcalls (I think, I am no developer but I get the concepts) that these games in VR demand.
(01-26-2015, 05:11 PM)DaRkL3AD3R Wrote: [ -> ]I seriously hope we can get this massive drawcall performance improvement, and multithreaded rendering with DX12, added to Dolphin (and various other emulators.) Especially for Dolphin-VR. Until you've experienced Metroid Prime in an Oculus Rift running at full speed and culling disabled, you haven't experienced just how amazing Dolphin truly is capable of being. And right now we are heavily limited by CPU performance due to the sheer amount of geometry and drawcalls (I think, I am no developer but I get the concepts) that these games in VR demand.

OK, let's just see what happens.
DX12 is useless. All that's needed for good performance is already in OpenGL.
(01-26-2015, 09:26 PM)neobrain Wrote: [ -> ]DX12 is useless. All that's needed for good performance is already in OpenGL.

Thanks for clearing that up.

I got one question though:

Is OpenGL more recommended to use then Direct3D today? Back in the days it was the other way around that DX9 and DX11 was recommended instead of OpenGL.
Yep, OGL all the way,
(01-28-2015, 12:35 AM)Zee530 Wrote: [ -> ]Yep, OGL all the way,

That's not true, rogue squadron 2 and 3 runs better in d3d for me.
For me D3D+EFBtoRAM is better in performance than OGL+EFTtoRAM.

Salu2 - Darkness Knight
Pages: 1 2