Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Cant get 30FPS on TP not even 25FPS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Ok, I have an issue getting ZTP to run at 30FPS anywhere.

What am I missing

here are my specs.

Dolphin 3.5/4
OS - Win 7 x64
processor - i7 - 2600 sandy bridge
GPU - Nvidia GTX 750TI
Ram - 32gb DDR4

I have set all of the recomended settings
D3d9
default size, no AA, 1x AF, Scaled EFB
Disabled fog, EFB to Ram so minimap works.
Sound HLE, Texture fast

I have tried both GC and Wii versions, on dolphin oficial releases 3.5 and 4
I have also tried OpenGL, maybe 1 FPS better with OpenGL

I know that people are getting consistent 25 - 30 FPS, even with slower hardware than mine.
I get 8 - 11 in most forest temple, 15 to 22 in orden village and faron woods. And that is all I tested on the game thus far, Didn't even get to hyrule field yet.
Also strangely on the game cube version I am getting wild fluctuations between 130% and 300% speed, and in some areas 65% - 75%, my VPS is around 100 to 120 VPS
yet my FPS only goes in the ranges I said. Ocasionally I get 30FPS but it is rare, basically loading screen and links room, on loading screen I get 30000%
On the wii version it is much more stable but consistently slow between 57 to 75%.

What am I missing.\

Any help appreciated.

atrtached is my gpu-z log, this was me just running around and jumping/climbing in ordon village, a small area, I was using stable Dolphin 4.02, using the GC version of ZTP, because it is easier to emulate and a little faster I think. I was getting 15 - 22 FPS in this area. Maybe an ocassional spike to 24 fps

I couldn't run cpu-z, it wont run on my system.

I also made sure that no unnecessary services were running, and that AV was shut down for this test
Use the latest build from here, https://dolphin-emu.org/download/. There were tons of enhancements to Dolphin this past year. Also, please read this article, https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-gc...ess--25939 for addtional information. You will be able to easily play the game at the full 30fps.
thanks for the article but no help to solve the problem, I already tried the latest builds, no improvement.
Unless you post some screenshots that show your CPU clock speed and GPU clock speed , no one will be able to help you
from the looks of your txt file your gpu is not even active. You should check your nvidia control panel to see if you accidentally downclocked it or if you have overclocking software messing with it. I dont have nvidia so I couldnt tell you. Your memory clock for a 750ti should be around 2000 not 200. You should post up screens of the gpuz program instead of that text file. Uninstall Reinstall Drivers.
here are screen shots, getting 18 - 22 FPS

CPU-Z does not run on my machine so can only do GPU-Z

screen shots attached.
Any reason to keep using 4.0.2 instead of latest and faster dev build?
yes, there is no speed improvement on dev builds.
The latest dev builds are MUCH faster than 4.0.2, especially in TP. You probably did something wrong. Please show us some screenshots from the latest dev builds.

csharporbflat Wrote:CPU-Z does not run on my machine

Why not? That's kind of important considering you're cpu bottlenecked in this scenario.
Your gpu is working fine. I dont know about nvidia I have amd but set all the 3d settings to performance instead of appearance lowest possible. It will look crappy but set Internal resolution to like 1x or auto native. Set the fullscreen resolution in dolphin to the lower ones 1280x1024 or something and enter fullscreen. If you see decent speed then slowly set the resolution up one by one until you get lagged. If that doesn't work then Only thing left would be to uninstall the graphics drivers and reinstall with the latest. That's all I can help with either that or your cpu is not working right. Because from what I learned dolphin relies more on cpu power than gpu. Check your cpu temps to see if it is overheating or throttling.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5