Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin Crashing after certain timeframe.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm having difficulties with Dolphin that I can't seem to narrow down or figure out. No matter what setting (safe textures, D3D9 or D3D11 etc), launching a game works fine, playing the game works fine. But after 10-15min (unspecified) it just suddenly stops working. No errorcode, the emulator just dies and crashes to desktop.

System;
Windows 8 x64
Core i5-4670K @ 4.3ghz
Geforce GTX560TI placeholder gpu
MSI Z87i Gaming AC 
Corsair Vengeance CL8 1600mhz (xmp enabled, 8-8-8-24 timings)
Be Quiet! Straight Power 10 400W.

Running Metroid Prime for example goes without a hitch or stutter. Not even entering/leaving the water gives me a slowdown (60fps constant), or the droplets hitting the vizor (4xNative). But it just suddenly crashes, same goes for Wind Waker.

Is there a way I can narrow down what goes wrong? Some sort of debugging I can enable so I atleast have a crashlog? I tried looking at the wiki and the supportpage, but nothing interesting is said about crashes. Safe texture cache is enabled, which is the only solution which is provided.

Regards, 
Majestic
(01-14-2015, 07:37 AM)Majesticii Wrote: [ -> ]I'm having difficulties with Dolphin that I can't seem to narrow down or figure out. No matter what setting (safe textures, D3D9 or D3D11 etc), launching a game works fine, playing the game works fine. But after 10-15min (unspecified) it just suddenly stops working. No errorcode, the emulator just dies and crashes to desktop.

System;
Windows 8 x64
Core i5-4670K @ 4.3ghz
Geforce GTX560TI placeholder gpu
MSI Z87i Gaming AC 
Corsair Vengeance CL8 1600mhz (xmp enabled, 8-8-8-24 timings)
Be Quiet! Straight Power 10 400W.

Running Metroid Prime for example goes without a hitch or stutter. Not even entering/leaving the water gives me a slowdown (60fps constant), or the droplets hitting the vizor (4xNative). But it just suddenly crashes, same goes for Wind Waker.

Is there a way I can narrow down what goes wrong? Some sort of debugging I can enable so I atleast have a crashlog? I tried looking at the wiki and the supportpage, but nothing interesting is said about crashes. Safe texture cache is enabled, which is the only solution which is provided.

Regards, 
Majestic

Use the latest development version, there is an issue with xaudio and windows 8 with dolphin 4.0.2 .
(01-14-2015, 07:53 AM)Link_to_the_past Wrote: [ -> ]Use the latest development version, there is an issue with xaudio and windows 8 with dolphin 4.0.2 .

Oh, will switching to a different auto backend also do the trick?
You mean DirectSound? That belongs to the DirectX 9 API implementation, which Dolphin doesn´t support anymore.

I mean, sure, it would stop the crashes, but again; that implementation is old and no longer supported. For best results use latest dev build with XAudio.
Ok, will try and see how it turns out.

EDIT: Tested it, and it seems to run without crashing now. Does have more slowdowns than the 4.0.2 though.. But it doesn't crash atleast Smile
Thanks @DJBarry004 and @Link_to_the_past