Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Is Okami supposed to run at 30 fps?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I ask because I remember this was a 60 fps when I first played it on ps2, and now that I'm playing it on Wii it's capped at 30.
PS2 and Wii are different consoles with different hardware, so it´s not really a fair comparison IMO.
Well, GameCube has more processing power than PS2 and Wii has more processing power than GameCube, so, Wii is more powerful than PS2 too. This sounds like a bad port, while PS2 is weaker, Spyro games, for example, run better on PS2 than on GC. This may be the case here, although I don't own the game to confirm...
I looked up some footage and it looks 30 fps on the PS2 version as well.
(01-13-2015, 05:27 AM)Jhonn Wrote: [ -> ]Well, GameCube has more processing power than PS2 and Wii has more processing power than GameCube, so, Wii is more powerful than PS2 too. This sounds like a bad port, while PS2 is weaker, Spyro games, for example, run better on PS2 than on GC. This may be the case here, although I don't own the game to confirm...

The ps2 has an advantage in some areas, so it's not impossible some games would run better.
Not when it compares to the Wii. Wii is stronger in all phases.
(01-13-2015, 08:01 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]Not when it compares to the Wii.  Wii is stronger in all phases.

Well... I think the ps2 still has more embedded vram bandwidth, and a couple of vector processors. I don't know if they amount to much of advantage though, based on how they were used.
(01-13-2015, 08:46 AM)dogen Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-13-2015, 08:01 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]Not when it compares to the Wii.  Wii is stronger in all phases.

Well... I think the ps2 still has more embedded vram bandwidth, and a couple of vector processors. I don't know if they amount to much of advantage though, based on how they were used.
The embedded bandwidth advantage does give he PS2 excellent frame rates.  But only when raw bandwidth is a bottle necking factor.  The PS2 also uses much older hardware design,  and lacks the surprising innovative-for-the-time hardware that the GC had.  Basically,  the PS2 has an easy time with pumping out frames compared to GC,  but actually render quality will always be worse.  Unless it's a quite awful port,  in which case the render quality is even.
thanks everyone.

kisses

-potate