Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Is my computer good enough?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

MrFish

I sure hope so, I really want to replay the wind waker and mario sunshine. But when I loaded windwaker it slow and without sounds. And the controller didn't work so I set the controls and now the game won't start.
But that's a different issue.

Here are my specs-

Dell OptiPlex GX520- First and last time I ever buy a non-tower computer.
- 1 gig DDR2 Ram (Running windows xp pro, I've got a decent amount of extra ram for games).
- Intel Pentium 4 Integrated Processor 3.00Ghz (2CPUs)
- NVidia GeForce 8400 GS (512mb of video memory)

It's certainly not the greatest computer. And with all you rich asses I know I'm going to get a few-
"you computer sucks! I got an Alienware ALX X58 you noob!!!1!"

Well, some of us tech loving people aren't rich enough to be a tech loving person. We're cursed!

Anyway, I understand emulators take a lot to run them although I do feel a little cheated when I can run savage 2 just fine but cell-shaded wind waker is so very slow.

[Image: savage2_C.jpg]

Versus

[Image: img_9.jpg]

Ouch :S
it should work, but It's pretty low end for dolphin.
What do you mean with

"- Intel Pentium 4 Integrated Processor 3.00Ghz (2CPUs)" Is a P4 dual core o.O ?
i wasnt aware of p4 dual core, but its still to weak for dolphin

MrFish

Quote:What do you mean with

"- Intel Pentium 4 Integrated Processor 3.00Ghz (2CPUs)" Is a P4 dual core o.O ?

It's an integrated processor. It's pre duel-core but the computer still recognizes it as two processors. It doesn't work as good as duel-core but a major step up from a regular Pentium.

Quote:it should work, but It's pretty low end for dolphin.

Is there another emulator I could use?

iBored1x1

._. is Intel Core 2 Quad @2.40GhZ good enough?
Most games run at like 55-60 FPS is anyone getting higher?
To MrFish : Unfortunately for you , Dolphin is the only emulator that succeded in run commercial games Big Grin ( congratulations )

To iBored : emm.. The normal speed of a game is 50(SSBB)-60(any othe game) FPS , exept for those which their normal speed is 30 FPS (because of that changes in pal, ntsc orr other thing that I know nothing)

cmccmc

(08-30-2009, 09:48 AM)MrFish Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:What do you mean with

It's an integrated processor. It's pre duel-core but the computer still recognizes it as two processors. It doesn't work as good as duel-core but a major step up from a regular Pentium.

Quote:it should work, but It's pretty low end for dolphin.

Is there another emulator I could use?

it's called hyper threading when it does that
aaaaaa... now I understand.

So He have a 15-30% of speed bost compared with a procesor without the hyperthreadin enabled , right ?
his cpu still is old and crumbly
Pages: 1 2