Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Is my computer good enough?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

cmccmc

(08-30-2009, 11:28 AM)James333 Wrote: [ -> ]aaaaaa... now I understand.

So He have a 15-30% of speed bost compared with a procesor without the hyperthreadin enabled , right ?
maybe a little bit less but thats the idea

bobbo1983

can someone help me please?
firstly, i have tried downloading dolphin 3.0 but all versions come up with with an error message saying the program cant start VCOMP100.DLL is missing from my computer. so i am running dolphin 2.0, is this good enough?
secondly, are my computer specs good enough?
thirdly, i have been playing new super mario bros and mario kart wii and they seem to be running slow. i have tweaked the settings and got the graphics looking good but the gameplay is slow. is there somewhere where i can find the best configurations?
Newer dolphin version need Visual C++ 2010 .
http://www.dolphin-emu.org/faq.html
The FAQ is always there but it seems no one bother to read it

@bobbo1983
Dolphin is a dual core app,you have to overclock your Q6600 @ 3.2ghz if you want more speed . However overclocking require good heatsink , aftermarket thermal compound and your motherboard must support overclocking

bobbo1983

yeh man i checked out the faq sheet and solved it straight away by upgrading directx. i have mario kart wii running sweet with the suggested configuration on this site. Smile i havent checked out the other games but yeh the new version of dolphin is running. cheers ay
Nicte to hear this, but the Performance Guide (i think you mean this concerning "suggested configuration") on the mainpage is outdated. Some games will have grahpical issues.

bobbo1983

its running at a nice speed anyway.. ive been playing it for a few hours and i have these questions now.
firstly, in mario kart wii ive been using toad and hes got a little bit of a blur around his head. is that burned into my screen or on the graphics?
secondly, i cant minimise it when i run it on fullscreen. when i hit esc it totally closes it. it didnt do this before but when i updated dolphin or changed some setting it started doing it do you know what the go is?

bobbo1983, why are you hijacking a nearly three-year old thread? If you have a problem, search the forums here first, or use Google. Chances are it's been solved before. If you still can't find an answer, make a new thread here and we'll be happy to help you.

When making a new thread, read the rules regarding this forum. We require that you provide exact PC specs (like in my sig, model names and everything) along with your Dolphin settings if relevant.

For your Mario Kart problem, I suggest you start a new thread with the appropiate info.

Closed.
Pages: 1 2