Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: The Best of 2014
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
It's nearing the end of the year already. To celebrate a year of fixes, new features, and core changes, we've prepared a set of articles summarizing some of the biggest and best changes to the emulator. The Best of 2014!

In the first of the set; we go into some of the most notable bugs that were squashed over the course of the year.  Whether it be audio, graphics, CPU, or even other more obscure categories, we dive into what went wrong, why, and how they were fixed.

[Image: Progressreportheader-bestbugfixes2014.jpg]

https://dolphin-emu.org/blog/2014/12/17/...ixes-2014/

More articles will be released in the coming days, so stay tuned!
I remember finishing Windwaker twice with the heat issue, this was pre 3.0 so the heat distortion was even worse then, i only had a black texture covering the screen where the heat distortion would've been making it almost unplayable, but that was using EFB to RAM, EFB to Textures made the black textures a transparent green so i could actually see what i was doing again.
Thank you yet again for a great article! These really make the gap of comprehension smaller, when it comes to engaged/interested users and natively code speaking developers. The effort you MaJoR and JMC are putting in these really defines the level of organization with Dolphin, great team you have!

And what a marvelous year! Smile
@MaJoR

But the years not over yet.....Neobrain could still have something else up his sleeve but now that you've already made the list he has no incentive Tongue
The next article is up! This time, we're focusing on the best new features introduced in 2014.

[Image: Progressreportheader-bestnewfeatures2014.jpg]

https://dolphin-emu.org/blog/2014/12/19/...ures-2014/

There's more to come; stay tuned!
Just got the Dolphin Bar in from Amazon today. Can't wait to give it a whirl when I get home. I'll keep ya'll updated on my first impressions tomorrow evening.

The dolphin Bar is in regards to the Best New Features....wasn't meant to be OT.
So far, I really like the Dolphin Bar (DB). Maybe it's just me, but I don't seem to lose the center quite as much with the DB as I did with my previous IR bar, a cheapo battery-powered bar from memorex. The connection is a snap, and I love that I can use my wiimote and extensions with other emulators. So nice! Another big bonus is the auto-sleep after 10 mins. When I used the Toshiba stack, it didn't know to put my controller to sleep after a period of inactivity, so my battery would die if I forgot to turn off the Wiimote. The DB auto sleep solves this issue. Another nice plus for me is that it's usb-powered.

I have 2 gripes. The first is the instruction manual. It took me a while to decipher what they meant and what mode I should be on when playing with the Dolphin Emulator. Quick tip...be in Mode 4 for Dolphin Emulation, otherwise Wiimote will not be detected by the emulator. My second gripe is, at heart, the same as gripe 1 with regards to the bad english instruction for upgrading the firmware to support the -TR wiimotes. I had to come to Dolphin's website to find the link to the page for the firmware download. Surfing around on their Mayflash's website was a pain in a arse to find the needed firmware download. Jeezy creezy. Once the firmware was downloaded, the instructions started to make sense though. So don't forget...It's MODE 4!

Other than the understandable language and grammar gap because Mayflash is undoubtedly a Chinese manufacturer, the products easily connected to both of my -TR model. It does support up to 4 wiimotes if anyone is wondering. I would use the mouse or keyboard functionality sparingly...especially if your resolution is 1080p...getting the cursor to land on and clicking at the same time is a pain. It's nice that the functionality is available, but....I won't be using it much, if any. Overall, if you have 18 bucks (prolly 26-28 bucks after shipping and taxes) just lying around and you love playing on Dolphin...then I think the Dolphin Bar is a fantastic addon you. And a special thanks to the Dolphin team for coaxing this peripheral to work with your emulator!
And the last one is here!

[Image: Progressreportheader-bestcorechanges2014.jpg]

https://dolphin-emu.org/blog/2014/12/23/...nges-2014/

We hope you have enjoyed the Best of 2014 series.
Great article! I had fun reading this.
I don't want to bump the main thread for this, but I'm wondering why the best of 2014 articles are marked as a draft?
Pages: 1 2