Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: The Best of 2014
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
They were badly received (fairly, imo), everything in them is available elsewhere, and we aren't going to do that kind of content again, so I hid them. Articles not marked as published have that draft warning, so, that's why.

Speaking of which, how did you even find those? They are not exposed on the main site at all!
google > site:dolphin-emu.org best of 2014
Well yea, I wasn't really intending to stop all readership entirely. I mostly just want to discourage new readership. Like, I don't want someone new to our site deciding to go to our backlog and finding it. But if someone knows about it and digs it up via a google link, then eh, I don't care.

Also Crafty, the necroposting rules don't apply to this section, so you could have posted in the Best of 2014 thread. ...Which is also probably how you got to them, now that I think about it. I'm still curious how you found them though!
I also found the articles recently, I don't even know how but it wasn't via the thread...
(06-18-2019, 01:43 PM)MayImilae Wrote: [ -> ]Well yea, I wasn't really intending to stop all readership entirely. I mostly just want to discourage new readership. Like, I don't want someone new to our site deciding to go to our backlog and finding it. But if someone knows about it and digs it up via a google link, then eh, I don't care.

Also Crafty, the necroposting rules don't apply to this section, so you could have posted in the Best of 2014 thread. ...Which is also probably how you got to them, now that I think about it. I'm still curious how you found them though!

I was actually looking for https://dolphin-emu.org/blog/2014/01/06/...ly-demise/
I forgot the name and I searched "an ancient bug dolphin" into google and Best Bug Fixes of 2014 is the second non-video result.
Since this conversation isn't related to the Progress Report, and this section doesn't have a necroposting rule, I'm going to move this to the Best of 2014 article thread.

*waves her magic moderator wand*

Done!
It's a waste to try and forget these articles.

I mean, they have some historic value to them. It's like going back to 2014 all over again. Feature x being implemented, ohh yeah, I remember that. Bug fix y? Ohh yeah, I remember that too! It made me realize how much strides Dolphin made in the past few years. Dolphin definitely has come a long way since then.
I don't remember them being poorly received as much as they were a lot of work to put together and the Progress Reports kept getting bigger and bigger. Kinda sad to see them hidden away.
If someone had asked me to say when the progress reports started off the top of my head, I'd have gone much later than 2014. There's a lot of stuff in there that I thought was recent. I know that I found the article an interesting recap back when it was written, and reading it again a couple of days ago was also an interesting recap, just with more stuff I'd forgotten about.
Pages: 1 2