Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Is this normal?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm playing Mario Galaxy 2 on Open GL, 3x native resolution with 4x filtering 0x aa. I'm on a 4770k with 16gigs ram + 780GTX Desktop. I'm using DSP LLE and occasionally the sound will crackle a bit. Is that normal - something that just happens? Also the framerate will sometimes go above or below 60 by about 3 frames. I'm trying to figure out what's normal vs what's fixable. Is there a way to get rid of that occasional crackling? I turned of aa completely to see if that would help but it didn't. It happens more in the overworld / stage select areas than it does in the stage. Do all wii games on wii stay at a solid frame rate without ever dipping? Or is the frame rate thing just the way it is. The sound crackling is what really annoys me. Any advice would be great. Thanks!
Grab the latest dev build of Dilphin, and the cradle should go away
Crackle didn't go away with the latest build. I'm using a real wii mote and I haev the speaker data off. I got some major fps slow down on a boss fight.
(12-15-2014, 05:11 PM)Keytrun Wrote: [ -> ]Crackle didn't go away with the latest build. I'm using a real wii mote and I haev the speaker data off. I got some major fps slow down on a boss fight.

With the latest build you can use hle audio instead. And i think you are referring to shader cache slowdowns, you can use this build https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-un...om-version and enable async shaders.
What are the pros and cons to using the custom build? You'd think a game like Mario Galaxy 2 would work flawlessly on the standard version
Async shaders will cause severe graphical glitches and flickering, but keep the game smoother. It's a give or take; certain games are better with async shaders, otehr games don't really need it. Your slowdown is likely due to LLE audio, I think? If not, try turning down the graphics settings a bit. Audio will stutter if you aren't full speed.
(12-16-2014, 11:27 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]Async shaders will cause severe graphical glitches and flickering, but keep the game smoother.  It's a give or take; certain games are better with async shaders, otehr games don't really need it.  Your slowdown is likely due to LLE audio, I think?  If not, try turning down the graphics settings a bit.  Audio will stutter if you aren't full speed.

With HLE there are constantly really loud sound effects. Even with HLE I have some of that audio crackling. Is there just no way to fix this? With my pc specs shouldn't I be able to run galaxy 1 and 2 perfectly without issue? I'm using OpenGL, 1920x1584 internal resolution no aa, 4x anisotropic filtering with everything else at default. I'm using dolphin 4.0-4701. I don't have any visable graphic glitches. I get audio crackling when my fps goes above 60 (it sometimes goes to 63) as well as below. 
I'm able to run it full speed without issue on my setup; if you're having issues with maintaining full speed, then I don't know.
(12-20-2014, 08:19 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm able to run it full speed without issue on my setup; if you're having issues with maintaining full speed, then I don't know.

Can you please tell me what settings you are using? That would be very helpful.
With Super Mario Galaxy, I use HLE audio because LLE audio will kick my computer's ass (I just deal with the minor audio issues in master,) 2x IR (3x IR starts to lag my machine,) EFB2Texture, OpenGL (D3D is a lot slower.) If you're still having problems; try lowering the Internal Resolution, I find with Mario Galaxy 1/2 that's directly relative to the speed you get due to EFB Peeks/pokes being more demanding the higher the resolution.
Pages: 1 2