Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: this is my pc: is it enough?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi guys,

I would like to start to use my pc and dolphin to emulate some games of my Wii (I want to sell my Wii console to my friend's son). I don't sell the wii mote+nunckuck because I need them to play with Wii U to (with some Wii games) and also for Dolphin.

I have 2 questions at the beginning:

1) Is my pc enough for emulate those games? This is my pc:
CPU: Intel Core i7 LGA1156 860 2,8GHz MOTHER BOARD: GIGABYTE 1156 GA-P55A-UD3 VGA:ATI SAPPHIRE HD5850 1G GDDR5 RAM: CORSAIR 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1333 HD:SAMSUNG 320GB HD322HJ 7200rpm 16MB e SEAGATE Barracuda 7200.12 1TB SATA2 S.O.: WINDOWS 7 HOME PREMIUM 64 BIT

Wii GAMES:
1. The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword
2. The Legend of Zelda: twilight princess
3. Castlevania Judgment
4. Donkey Kong Country Returns
5. Metroid Other M (5*)
6. Mortal Kombat Armageddon
7. Muramasa: the demon sword
8. Punch Out!!
9. Resident Evil 0
10. Resident Evil
11. Samurai Shodown Anthology
12. Super Mario Galaxy
13. Super Mario galaxy 2
14. Super Mario All Stars:25th anniversary edition
15. Tatsunoko vs Capcom: ultimate All stars (5*)

Game Cube GAMES
1. Metal Gear Solid The Twin Snakes (4*)
2. Soul Calibur 2
3. F-Zero GX
4. Super Smash Bros Melee
5. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
6. The Legend of Zelda: the collector’s edition

2) Now I only need a sensor bar (I will sell the wii sensor bar), I have read that this is the better choice:
http://www.mayflash.com/products/nintend.../w010.html

if I buy it, I don't need anything else (no bluetooth key and so on) and it supports also the Wii mote Plus for the emulation of The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword. So can I buy it? Is it the better choice?

Thank you very much!
Your CPU will be good enough for those games if you overclock it (Recommend : 3.4GHz or higher) and use latest dev Dolphin version (Not the stable 4.0.2 which is slow)
Your GPU is pretty good , you can run games at 2560x2112 (4xIR) without Anti-Aliasing
1st gen i7 is quite slow for Dolphin , much slower than latest 4th gen Pentium / i3 since Dolphin is a dual core application
Btw , The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword limited Edition bundle with Non-TR Golden Wiimote (white version is not non-TR type like gold version) , unlike TR Wiimote which is a pain in the ass
thank you.

1) I have the wiimote plus version which was in the initial bundle with wii sports 2, if i'm not wrong. So I think that my wii mote plus version is not a TR...is it correct?

2) Do you suggest I can buy this http://www.mayflash.com/products/nintend.../w010.html for dolphin? It seems that it is a perfect sensor bar and it doesn't requires any other bluetooth key..is it correct?

3) In the end, I would like to buy in next months a new pc, dedicated to the emulation of all consoles/mame: i think that the emulations of wii, ps2 and dreamcast request more power on a pc, so can you suggest a good configuration with I can use Wii (but also other consoles as ps2 and Dreamcast) with maximum effects activated? Cpu, Gpu, Ram, etc..Is it better to buy a pc with windows 7 64bit as an emulator pc? Or do you think that emulators run in Windows 8.1 64bit too?

thank you very much!
Although your link is broken, the Mayflash DolphinBar is pretty much the best thing at what it does. You can build something out of cheaper products, and it will work almost as well, but TR Wiimotes will be a pain without the DolphinBar.

Your other main option is to buy any bluetooth adapter that can be made to work with the toshiba stack, and either a wired or wireless sensor bar, converted to whatever power source works best (e.g. I bought a cheap 3rd party wired sensor bar and swapped out its resistors so it worked off 5V USB power).
Quote: I have the wiimote plus version which was in the initial bundle with wii sports 2, if i'm not wrong. So I think that my wii mote plus version is not a TR...is it correct?
Yes , it's probably non-TR type . Could you tell me when did you buy it ?
I bought this one 3 months ago . It works pretty well with 4 wiimotes (Non-TR type) via Toshiba Stack
(12-15-2014, 01:58 AM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote: I have the wiimote plus version which was in the initial bundle with wii sports 2, if i'm not wrong. So I think that my wii mote plus version is not a TR...is it correct?
Yes , it's probably non-TR type . Could you tell me when did you buy it ?
I bought this one 3 months ago . It works pretty well with 4 wiimotes (Non-TR type) via Toshiba Stack

ok, this is the correct link: http://www.mayflash.com/products/nintend.../w010.html
On ebay it costs 18euro, shipping cost included. Is it a good price?

I don't remember when,..i'm sorry, but i'm quite sure that I bought it some days (few weeks) after the launch of the Wii Mote Plus. Can I check some code in the Wiimote plus in order to understand if it is or not a TR?

thanks!
Quote: i'm quite sure that I bought it some days (few weeks) after the launch of the Wii Mote Plus
Then it's non-TR type for sure . Unlike TR type , non-TR will work with most Bluetooth devices (include your smartphone)
Quote:In the end, I would like to buy in next months a new pc, dedicated to the emulation of all consoles/mame
You mean you will build your new PC , right ?
Buying OEM PC ? You still get cheap components despite paying premium for an overpriced product
Link me to your cheapest local online shopping site (computer-related site ofc) and i will help you choose components
Ok, anyway it that sensor bar is ok, I can buy it, and it doesn't need an additional bluetooth key Smile

well, I have bought my pc here: unfortunately the site is in italian, I don't know if you are able to understand Sad
here there is the page where you can select all the components, I think that it can be clear also for you...I hope

http://www.hardware-planet.it/ordenadore...s-gratuito

thank you!
You've just linked an empty basket there. It'd probably be better to take screenshots.
@OP Wrote:can you suggest a good configuration with I can use Wii (but also other consoles as ps2 and Dreamcast) with maximum effects activated?
This PC will max out most demanding games
GPU : Gigabyte GTX 970 mini ITX 313,76 € . Small but very powerful and efficient
CPU : i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz (Turbo Boost) 309,62 € . Codename : Devil Canyon . 4.4GHz out of the box , you don't even need to overclock
Mobo : Asrock Z97E ITX 129,71 € . Top of the line integrated audio = mid-range sound card , Gold Capacitor (Made in Japan)
Buy 2 sticks : Corsair Vengeance 4GB 1600MHz 37,16 € x 2 = 74.32 €
SSD : Intel 530 120GB as boot drive (store your OS and programs only) 68,30 € . Add another 1TB HDD if you need place to store your game data or just use external drive
Case : Antec ISK 600 57,75 €
PSU : Antec 600W 48,13 €
Your bills would be : 1001,59 €
Top of the line components are packed in this small form factor ITX ! Happy Gaming !
If you don't know how to build it then :
_Watch some youtube videos (tutorial videos)
_Pay someone to build it for you
Pages: 1 2