Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Consistent Crash in Tales of Symphonia
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've been playing through Tales of Symphonia using version 4.0.2 and there is a point in the Balacruf Mausoleum where there is a door that opens with two torches from the sorceror's ring. As soon as I step through this door, dolphin immediately crashes. Are there any known fixes for this because I haven't been able to find any anywhere.

Screenshots of my graphics settings are attached.
Have you tried the latest version?
"using version 4.0.2"
The latest dev versions are found here: https://dolphin-emu.org/download/ The latest is 4.0-4260 as of this writing, which is 4260 changes made since the 4.0.2 stable release to make Dolphin faster and more stable
(11-26-2014, 02:54 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]The latest dev versions are found here: https://dolphin-emu.org/download/ The latest is 4.0-4260 as of this writing, which is 4260 changes made since the 4.0.2 stable release to make Dolphin faster and more stable

I installed the latest version and tried entering the door again. What i got was a long series of popups like the ones in the attachment. I held enter because the numbers kept changing everytime, and eventually the cutscene actually started. However, this version makes the game run slow as hell it's unbearable (60% max).
Since there isn't an issue about it on the ToS game wiki page, or in the issue tracker, it seems like you may have a bad copy of the game.
Right click the game, go to properties, go to the last tab, and then generate the MD5 hash sum and paste it here.
(11-26-2014, 03:45 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]Since there isn't an issue about it on the ToS game wiki page, or in the issue tracker, it seems like you may have a bad copy of the game.
Right click the game, go to properties, go to the last tab, and then generate the MD5 hash sum and paste it here.

I don't see a button for generate MD5 hash sum on the last tab. There's only "Edit Config" "Show Defaults" and "Close".
It's in the one before the last tab (Info) as the last one is the Filesystem tab.
^^thanks, my bad
(11-26-2014, 05:08 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]^^thanks, my bad

a427c43797ab0ad5c024014142d1c3e1

So far what i've been doing is using the latest release to get my save past the glitched cutscenes. This has happened in two places now, but each time i get those popups and as i hold enter the same two popups keep alternating with different numbers for the values on them each time. Eventually they stop and the cutscene starts.
Pages: 1 2