Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: "EFB to Texture" or "EFB to Ram"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
What do you have your IR set to?
It's 2x, as I said it's not scaling with a filter for some reason.

so far it seems these are the affected games for the D3D/GL issue:
Eternal Darkness
F-Zero GX
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games
Sonic Colours
Sonic and the Secret Rings
Sonic and the Black Knight
Sonic Unleashed
Shrek 2
True Crime: Streets of LA
Any news on the unfiltered video issue?
Do you know of a specific Dolphin version where the videos are filtered? As fas as I remember, Dolphin never filtered videos, regardless of the settings...
All videos are filtered even on your TV with bilinear or bicubic kernel. Here a link about image filtering on resizing.
That link has nothing to do with anything old televisions do. CRTs have subpixel blurring, not to mention the fuzziness of the analog transmission introducing noise and the motion blur. It would take a 4k LCD and probably a 120hz frame rate to perfectly emulate a CRT. They are THAT complicated. Here's some reading on the subject.

http://bogost.com/games/a_television_simulator/

However, I take it you are referring to the kind of blurring that "upscaling" modern televisions provide? Modern LCD televisions that render at native resolution wouldn't do much blurring at all, but some are marketed as "upscaling" and do various tricks to try to improve the picture. That would be more complicated than bilinear filtering, but it would be pretty simply to implement with a shader if the upscaling method they use is discovered. Of course, you'd be tossing all high resolution awesome out the door with it. But some people like it that way.
I never mentioned CRT so I will skip that part.

The only TVs that do filtering, as artificial filtering are modern LED. Everything except native resolution is filtered so you don't see pixelated junk as shown in the above Sonic picture. You need some basic image processing knowledge to know these kind of stuff. Probably developers don't frequent the forums so many people come here with weird theories. It's basic stuff, GL is not filtering video, at least for Sonic Colors.
I think it's just that OpenGL isn't filtering anything, rather than it not filtering videos.
It's very frustrating trying to explain image processing basics to novices.
3D objects don't upscale in dolphin the same way raster do. One are 3D graphics and you use antialiasing, the other is 2D and you use the algos I linked on the above post.

I haven't tested if this is a global GL issue, but probably.
Pages: 1 2 3 4