Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin Emu usage ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Currently trying to play the emulator rev 4.0.2 , Since i have a 32 bit computer , sadly.

Here are my specs.
[Image: rw4l9s.png]

Geforce GTX 460
750 PSU

My computer insanely overheats while my Brawl runs completely smoothly and computer turns off about half way of my 3 minute round match.

Is there any way i can fix this ? Thanks :[
What OS do you have? If you have the Product Key for Windows 7 or 8+, it should be valid for both 32-bit and 64-bit installs. You can actually get Windows 7 from one of MS' partners, and MS themselves will let you download a 64-bit version of Windows 8+. Upgrading your OS plus using the latest developer revisions would result in a massive speedup, and hopefully reduced temps.

Can you run CoreTemp and screenshot that while playing Dolphin? Unless there is something wrong, I can't imagine why you're overheating so fast on relatively lightweight game (Brawl isn't particularly demanding in Dolphin).
I have Windows 7 Ultimate and yes i have the product key. I'm just afraid i will lose all my data if i jump from 32 bit to 64 bit.

2 Min Battle not even half way done and look how Core Temp and SpeedFan detects my PC. Once the temperature hits 80C on Core temp it shuts off.

[Image: 0VtG3f.png]

Thanks for the help and quick reply ! Smile
I'm not kidding when I say you'll get a 50%+ increase when you switch to the latest 64-bit builds, so that's something to think about when considering a potential OS upgrade.

Are you running a non-stock cooler at all? If you're going to be running at those clocks, you'll need to have something to keep the heat off, ideally.
Don't think i'm going to be upgrading to a 64 bit any time soon. Sucks to see that they stopped creating builds from 32 bit like they used to do years back when i was using Dolphin.

But uh, any recommended cooling fans ? Thanks again Smile
I guess a Hyper 212 EVO would be fine. Nice build, fairly cheap, and a time-tested favorite.
Stock speed with turbo core , the CPU is not even OCed but shutdown automatically , right ?
Your thermal paste is dead . You should buy either Arctic MX-4 or IC diamond 7 carat and then re-paste it
Cooling fans will not help him
(11-17-2014, 01:29 AM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]Cooling fans will not help him

Hate to nitpick, but even if the thermal paste is bad, a cooling fan would technically help if it could reduce the overall heat buildup. It's more like a cooling fan wouldn't help him as much as new thermal paste. A cooling fan, however, would only coverup the deeper issues. That said, it's sound advice to get new thermal paste, so I recommend doing what admin89 suggested first.
Another possibility is that his cooler doesn't seat properly . Anyway he should check it before making a purchase
His PSU could be failing as well, we don't know how old it is.
Pages: 1 2