Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: GPU choice
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

instupituous

I could do with some advice on a GPU. I have been an admirer of Dolphin for a while but finally want to get playing. Ideally I want a GPU that can play 4xIR 8xMSAA and 16xAA without either breaking the bank, or setting my ITX pc on fire! Is this unreasonable, and if so can I find a GPU that'll give me near perfect performance at a fair price? £150-£199
First off, get the latest dev build, so that you have the best speed and accuracy.

As for a good GPU in that price range, I would get a Nvidia GTX 770. If you can raise your budget a bit, get a GTX 970
(11-11-2014, 05:04 AM)instupituous Wrote: [ -> ]I could do with some advice on a GPU. I have been an admirer of Dolphin for a while but finally want to get playing. Ideally I want a GPU that can play 4xIR 8xMSAA and 16xAA without either breaking the bank, or setting my ITX pc on fire! Is this unreasonable, and if so can I find a GPU that'll give me near perfect performance at a fair price? £150-£199

Might be worth waiting for the GTX 960.

instupituous

With a 770/970 how would my performance be on the most demanding games on 4xIR with all the bells and whistles? If it is perfect or just having to make small allowances for smooth performance that would be great.
The GTX 960 isn't coming out until next year or whenever Nvidia feels threatened in that market segment. Honestly I would just get the R9-290.

instupituous

That GPU is a bit over budget, in terms of Dolphin performance how would a R9-290 compare to say a 770 and what would I expect from a 290 in the most demanding Dolphin games?
A R9-290 would be able to have all the bells and whistles on due to it having great Memory Bandwidth and plus the R9-290 is faster then the 770 in Dolphin and in PC gaming
GTX970 is a great GPU, but the Coil Whine...

Salu2 - Darkness Knight
Sorry for the intrusion but my friend had a similar question. He was wondering how well a r9 295x would perform so i thought i would ask if any who has one could tell me.

thx in advance
any r9 card performs really well, I know people who are using r9 cards and get absolute perfect performance.
Pages: 1 2