Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: You guys should fix this
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I see a lot of games that mention something called "Custom Projection Hack" but yet there is no such term anywhere in the emulator that has those three words in it.

Might want to either explain what that thing means or remove that sentence from game configurations.
They're an advanced user feature that regular users shouldn't be using.

Considering all the big problems we have, I don't think that should be a huge priority.
Right now there's an issue with some games getting parts of the screen not being projected because they are getting "clipped" due to being rendered too far/close to the display. The debs are working on it, but for now don't bother with it, as it only gets used by specific games and people who are doing debugging
So then those options shouldn't be being removed from the emulators because there are games that still use them. It just a bad idea to remove a feature that is still needed by some games.
The feature was removed because it is a hack and developers want to strive for accuracy. There's a pull request currently pending to properly handle the clipping of screen objects, and it's being worked on.

Until like a day or so ago, if the game didn't show stuff in one video backend, the other would work. But then a feature was merged to make OGL and D3D behave the same, and that no longer worked. So now in the mean-time people need to use the data in the ini files to make the projection hacks work again until the proper and accurate rendering is implemented Smile
It was removed to force the issue and get it fixed properly, which is happening.

Edit: ninja'd
(11-03-2014, 11:32 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]So now in the mean-time people need to use the data in the ini files to make the projection hacks work again until the proper and accurate rendering is implemented Smile
And exactly how does one go about adding back in the CUSTOM PROJECTION HACK for Eternal Darkness through the ini in order to remove the black screen at the menu.
(11-03-2014, 11:44 AM)tx3000 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-03-2014, 11:32 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]So now in the mean-time people need to use the data in the ini files to make the projection hacks work again until the proper and accurate rendering is implemented Smile
And exactly how does one go about adding back in the CUSTOM PROJECTION HACK for Eternal Darkness through the ini in order to remove the black screen at the menu.

Unfortunately that's not possible right now. I recommend watching the development of this pull request: https://github.com/dolphin-emu/dolphin/pull/1392 , once it's merged into master you will be able to enjoy the benefits of the fix.

EDIT: It seems it's actually possible, but I recommended you just wait until the pull request gets merged because that shouldn't take long and should be less hacky.
Exactly the same way as you were told the first time you asked, but as I can't remember, and you've posted in a huge number of threads it's going to be a pain to find out where.
Ok thanks Buddybenj I just wanted to know how and since it's not possible right now, I accept that. That's all the information I needed.
Pages: 1 2