Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: FOUR stupid issues with the PAD config UI
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Issue #1: The 'Angle' , 'Radius' and 'Threshold' values in the pad UIs automatically decrement by 1 upon saving.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Steps to reproduce the issue:

- Set the 'Angle' or 'Radius' value in the pad settings GUI to some value (like 90) and save the config.
- Open the pad settings again and see the difference.

Issue #2: The red dot doesn't appear when A-sticks are pressed fully to the right ! (at exactly 90 degrees).
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Try it with a DInput pad.

Issue #3: The per-pad "Background Input" setting got broken in the latest dev builds. (it worked perfectly in older / stable builds)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Enable "Background Input" for PAD1 only, then disable it for pads 2,3 and 4 and save the settings. Open the PAD UI. Now *ALL* 4 pads have background input enabled (!)
- Now disable "Background Input" for pads 2,3 and 4 (leave the PAD1 setting to "enabled"), save the settings and re-open the PAD UI. Background input gets dsabled for ALL 4 PADs (!)

Issue #4: Inconsistency with the analog stick settings.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Why is the "Circle Stick" option not available for GCPad sticks, the Stick in the "Nunchuk" and the sticks in the "Classic" extension?
Why not have all 3 options (deadzone, radius and circle stick) available to every analog stick?
Could you please open an issue report about this? I can reproduce, and it's definitely a stupid issue.
Yet another stupid bug found in the pad UIs: The red dot doesn't appear when A-sticks are pressed fully to the right ! (the press needs to be at exactly 90 degrees)
@JMC47: Can you reproduce the second issue?
It depends on the controller. My controller doesn't suffer from it, but I know other ones I've used have.
Updated the first post with two new issues and more info about the previous two.
@JMC47: You can iopen an ssue report listing all 4 issues - all of them are very stupid and easily reproducible.

EDIT: Updated first post with better formatting (for improved readability)
(11-04-2014, 08:40 PM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]It depends on the controller. My controller doesn't suffer from it
Your controller is broken then lol
I hate to admit it, but I think you're right lol. shit.
I am. It will always happen if you point directly right. If it doesn't, then you're not pointing directly right. Only reason it doesn't happen in other directions is stupid double->float->double conversions -_-
Pages: 1 2