Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Just three small questions-
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I'll keep it short, since I tend to ramble. Sorry if these are dumb questions.

Question 1) I've been going through these boards lately, and I see that a lot of people say to disable the "Native Resolution" tab because it doesn't do anything for speed. Strange thing is, on my computer, if I don't have the Native Resolution checked, it goes slower no matter what resolution I choose, and having the Native Resolution tab checked makes the game like x2 faster. Is this normal?

Question 2) With the most recent build 3972, I've been trying to use the frameskip, but it seems to make the game slower whenever I use it, regardless if I just choose 1, 2, or any of the others. Is this also normal on some computers, or is this Dolphin's fault (not complaining though)? Or can my computer just not support it because it is already pushing too hard as is?

Question 3) Is there or will there be a way to disable Texture filtering? I was looking through the settings and didn't see anything that allowed that. I know in the PCSX2 emulator, turning off the Texture filter gave me a bit more speed, and I don't mind seeing pixels on the characters. Is it possible?

Thanks in advance. Smile
1) Same for me, dunno why they say so.

2) Depends on the game, really.

3) At least you can disable the anisotropic filter, but I highly doubt that will speed up things, this emu works differently.

What is your video card? It might explain a lot of things.
[color=#800000]Be aware not a real bug![/color]
(08-24-2009, 11:10 AM)CacoFFF Wrote: [ -> ][Image: bugwk7.gif]
http://img503.imageshack.us/img503/301/bugwk7.gif

Because of youAngry I scratched my screen!

Dugie

1.) Who are the dumb asses who say otherwise?
2.) 3972 is shy't, and is not even the "latest" & it's probably your graphics card not being able to render.
3.) Simply -No.

@ Drun 7 R U Serious?
(08-24-2009, 11:10 AM)CacoFFF Wrote: [ -> ]1) Same for me, dunno why they say so.

2) Depends on the game, really.

3) At least you can disable the anisotropic filter, but I highly doubt that will speed up things, this emu works differently.

What is your video card? It might explain a lot of things.

I have a (don't laugh -lol-) nVidia GeForce 730m / 630m, forceware is 156.65 (That's as far as I can upgrade it on XP... if I had Vista, I could upgrade it farther, but HP doesn't provide updates that much for XP). I've been playing "The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker" and "Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door", so those are the games that I've been testing on my computer. I actually get a decent speed for only having 1gig of ram (again, don't laugh). Some portions of Wind Waker I get half speed, while others I get at least 75% speed... some rooms I can actually go over the frame limit and Link flies. Big Grin.

Thanks for answering my questions Big Grin
(08-24-2009, 11:22 AM)Dugie Wrote: [ -> ]@ Drun 7 R U Serious?
Dodgy I used a shoe!

cmccmc

lmao I can't believe u thought it was a bug
The first time I saw that picture, I thought it was real too... though I just waved my hand over the monitor to get it off. The picture was half on the page, half off, so I was wondering why it was going INSIDE the monitor... that's when I found it out it was a picture (plus the bug was moving as I was scrolling -lol-).
The first time I see that picture I thought that was real too Big Grin

But I put the finger on It and I didn't feel the bug Tongue
lol
i thought it was a real bug too the first time i saw itBig Grin
i dont really bother bugs that are on my screenTongue
after a while i realized it was a pictureWink
Pages: 1 2 3