Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: failed to initialize direct3d
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
i have a problem in my dolphin emulator. when i open it it says "failed to initialize direct3d" I have install my VGA drivers and i have install direcet X 9.0 . my vgs capacity is 32704 kb available ( my vga is nearly 800 mb) so i need a solution for this imideatly. do i have to download something like a file related to winrar for dolphin emulator or do i need to re install my new drivers? or there is a any solution? plz leave me a comment on the post or send me a email to Vidathsenanayake@gmail.com
What is your GPU, like the specific make and model? For example, mine is a GTX 550 Ti. Download and run a program called GPU-Z if you're unsure what GPU you have exactly; GPU-Z will tell you.

What about OpenGL? Can you at least run Dolphin using that?
(09-27-2014, 05:04 PM)ShadowX Wrote: [ -> ]i have a problem in my dolphin emulator. when i open it it says "failed to initialize direct3d" I have install my VGA drivers and i have install direcet X 9.0 . my vgs capacity is 32704 kb available ( my vga is nearly 800 mb) so i need a solution for this imideatly. do i have to download something like a file related to winrar for dolphin emulator or do i need to re install my new drivers? or there is a any solution? plz leave me a comment on the post or send me a email to Vidathsenanayake@gmail.com

(09-27-2014, 05:15 PM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]What is your GPU, like the specific make and model? For example, mine is a GTX 550 Ti. Download and run a program called GPU-Z if you're unsure what GPU you have exactly; GPU-Z will tell you.

What about OpenGL? Can you at least run Dolphin using that?

my pc vga is http://prntscr.com/4qqtr4 and systerm info http://prntscr.com/4qqw35 , i only knows this i don't know how to check gpu , can u tell me how to check it? i tried from openGL it says http://prntscr.com/4qqy29 ( plz view all the above links and see) tell me a way to open dolphin emulator
Have you tried installing 4.0.2? Try it and then tell what happens (note that 4.0.2 installs some DX runtimes so Dolphin doesn´t fail because of not having them available).

EDIT: Seems you haven´t updated your GPU drivers for a while.
@ShadowX - Google "GPU-Z", download the program, use it, and take a screenshot of it running on your computer. GPU-Z will tell you what GPU you have, that is why I asked you to use it earlier. Please use it this time so we can help you.

I get the feeling that your GPU is no longer supported. But we won't know that until GPU-Z tells us about your hardware.
Considering he has the i3-4030U, he has at least some type of Intel HD, BUT THE WRONG DRIVERS INSTALLED.

@ShadowX: run windows update. It should have the intel HD drivers waiting to be installed. They might be under optional installs. So install them and any other updates from windows update.
(09-28-2014, 12:22 AM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]@ShadowX - Google "GPU-Z", download the program, use it, and take a screenshot of it running on your computer. GPU-Z will tell you what GPU you have, that is why I asked you to use it earlier. Please use it this time so we can help you.

I get the feeling that your GPU is no longer supported. But we won't know that until GPU-Z tells us about your hardware.

here u go

(09-28-2014, 02:46 PM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]Considering he has the i3-4030U, he has at least some type of Intel HD, BUT THE WRONG DRIVERS INSTALLED.

@ShadowX: run windows update. It should have the intel HD drivers waiting to be installed. They might be under optional installs. So install them and any other updates from windows update.

Guy's i have the lastest dolphin emulator 4.0.2 i have installed the driect X runtime also ( the program of 500 mb)
i need more suggestions
No, you don't seem to understand. You have the Intel HD 4400, so you should have the Intel HD 4400 show up as you GPU.

It should look like this, only with the HD 4400 instead of my HD 4600

[Image: 3MjL9cc.gif]

Here is the link to your driver that you should have:
http://downloadcenter.intel.com/confirm....ldid=24245
(09-28-2014, 03:21 PM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]No, you don't seem to understand. You have the Intel HD 4400, so you should have the Intel HD 4400 show up as you GPU.

It should look like this, only with the HD 4400 instead of my HD 4600

[Image: 3MjL9cc.gif]

Here is the link to your driver that you should have:
http://downloadcenter.intel.com/confirm....ldid=24245

bro it only shows me that details, u think i have to reinstall my drivers? if so can u tell me how much size is your vga KHg8m3r
You definitely need to reinstall the driver using the proper Intel Drivers.

In the link at the bottom of my last post, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click accept. Then once it finishes downloading, install it. It should take care of everything else.

What do you mean by "size of my vga"?
Pages: 1 2