Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: direct3d crashes dolphin immediatly
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hey everyone! I've just downloaded dolphin 4.2 3334 x64 for windows 7 x64, and when I configure it to direct3d, the emulator crashes everytime I start a game Sad

I don't know how to fix that. Can you help? I'd provide a crash log, but I don't know where I can find that.

i've downloaded dolphin here:

https://dolphin-emu.org/

When I set the Emulator to opengl, the emulator doesn't crash, but I just get a black screen Sad

sorry for my bad english! I hope you can help me

edit: dolphin 3.5-367 runs fine :-\
What GPU drivers are you using?
(09-22-2014, 03:57 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]What GPU drivers are you using?

the latest nvidia drivers for my nvidia 580 gtx
Unable to reproduce, works fine here on latest Master.
hmm Sad Isn't there a crash log somewhere? something I can post and you experts will know what's goin on? Smile
no one an idea? I googled the problem, others had it too, but the fixes I found didn't work for me :-\
Did you follow the faq to download the latest direct x runtime from microsoft? Btw which games have you tried, perhaps they have issues or you have a bad dump of the game.
(09-23-2014, 11:17 PM)Link_to_the_past Wrote: [ -> ]Did you follow the faq to download the latest direct x runtime from microsoft? Btw which games have you tried, perhaps they have issues or you have a bad dump of the game.

already did that :-\ every other direct3d application runs fine. even dolphin 3.5. It's the same with every game. As soon as I start a game, dolphin crashes.

and when I use opengl, dolphin doesn't crash, but I just get a black screen Sad

i'll make a video and put it on youtube so you guys can see what exactly happens
Here can you see what happens when I start a game.

It's a fresh install of dolphin, default settings!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhbaIAAPG7o
In the folder where you have Dolphin.exe, create a blank .txt file with the name "portable.txt"
Pages: 1 2 3