Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: AMD APU only
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hello folks! Smile
I read some threads and looked at the benchmark results but didn't find a final and satisfying answer to the question whether an APU is enough for gaming?
I would use a SSD, 8 GB RAM (2166) and so on but since I wanna build a very very small HTPC I don't want a GPU. I don't want Intel stuff as well this time.
I won't cry if I have to turn some graphic settings down but will I be able to play Dolphin at 30 fps with ANY of AMD's APUs?
What if I would only play GC games? Is it at least enough for them?
What if I OC it?
Any experiences with that would be a big amount of help! Smile
You're definitely not going to be playing demanding games such as The Last Story on any APU, but with recent speed improvements, lighter games will be fine. We're going to need to know what specific games you own before we can help much.
Seriously, playing GC/Wii games on APUs is not funny... Even SSBM struggles in my system.
Maximum overclock A10 7850k won't be as fast as i3 4130 in Dolphin but it will be ok for most games
Pair with Asrock A88X Mini ITX then you will be fine
Quote:I won't cry if I have to turn some graphic settings down but will I be able to play Dolphin at 30 fps with ANY of AMD's APUs?
It won't help . Dolphin is CPU demanding application
Quote: Even SSBM struggles in my system.
Your APU is low-end one . Not to mention the fact that mobile APU is rubbish
Quote:What if I would only play GC games? Is it at least enough for them?
Even though latest Dolphin improve more speed than previous versions . I highly doubt you would be able to run Zelda TP (GC version) - Hyrule Field full speed
Any reason you're against getting intel?
(09-21-2014, 10:07 AM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]Even though latest Dolphin improve more speed than previous versions . I highly doubt you would be able to run Zelda TP (GC version) - Hyrule Field full speed

We actually really need someone to test this with a a10-7850k.
Problem is none of the veteran users here that would contribute useful data are stupid enough to buy one Tongue
(09-21-2014, 03:02 PM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]Problem is none of the veteran users here that would contribute useful data are stupid enough to buy one Tongue

I wish someone here had enough money that they could just buy a couple of PC builds just for testing Dolphin on.
If anyone smart wanted to spend large amounts of money on Dolphin-related things, they'd buy JMC47 a bunch of obscure games and buy skidau a Triforce or two to hack around with.
DatKid20 Wrote:I wish someone here had enough money that they could just buy a couple of PC builds just for testing Dolphin on.

I volunteer to take peoples money for this purpose. In fact for every $500 you donate I will pitch in $1 of my very own money.
Pages: 1 2 3