Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Crashing On Startup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

SUShawk

So, I'm trying to play Twilight Princess with version 4.0.2, but almost as soon as I start the game, it "Stops responding". I've looked everywhere, I've updated and re-installed visual C++, I have the latest DirectX, I've even tried switching to my integrated gfx card, but I still get the same problem. I've heard a lot of people solve this problem just by switching their cards, but nothing wants to work for me.
Does that also happen using latest dev build?

SUShawk

(09-10-2014, 05:01 AM)DJBarry004 Wrote: [ -> ]Does that also happen using latest dev build?

Yes. That's why I tried using 4.0.2.
First off, you should know that ZTP is pretty demanding (mainly in Hyrule Field), so nothing but high-end CPUs can cut it (unless you use Zelda ZTP hack/patch). Second, make sure your dump is not corrupt.

Post screenshots of how do you have Dolphin set up.
(09-10-2014, 04:54 AM)SUShawk Wrote: [ -> ]So, I'm trying to play Twilight Princess with version 4.0.2, but almost as soon as I start the game, it "Stops responding". I've looked everywhere, I've updated and re-installed visual C++, I have the latest DirectX, I've even tried switching to my integrated gfx card, but I still get the same problem. I've heard a lot of people solve this problem just by switching their cards, but nothing wants to work for me.

Do you use a Ntsc copy and have the speedhack enabled? There are a couple of revisions for this game for Ntsc and only one works with the speedhack, the other one crashes on boot.

SUShawk

(09-10-2014, 05:08 AM)DJBarry004 Wrote: [ -> ]First off, you should know that ZTP is pretty demanding (mainly in Hyrule Field), so nothing but high-end CPUs can cut it (unless you use Zelda ZTP hack/patch). Second, make sure your dump is not corrupt.

Post screenshots of how do you have Dolphin set up.

(09-10-2014, 05:13 AM)Link_to_the_past Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-10-2014, 04:54 AM)SUShawk Wrote: [ -> ]So, I'm trying to play Twilight Princess with version 4.0.2, but almost as soon as I start the game, it "Stops responding". I've looked everywhere, I've updated and re-installed visual C++, I have the latest DirectX, I've even tried switching to my integrated gfx card, but I still get the same problem. I've heard a lot of people solve this problem just by switching their cards, but nothing wants to work for me.

Do you use a Ntsc copy and have the speedhack enabled? There are a couple of revisions for this game for Ntsc and only one works with the speedhack, the other one crashes on boot.

I'm using an ISO from the original disk that I ripped, I'm not using hax or anything.
Set framelimit to auto, enable dual core, disable external frame buffer and openmp texture decoder.
Right click game > properties, and post a picture

SUShawk

(09-10-2014, 05:24 AM)Link_to_the_past Wrote: [ -> ]Set framelimit to auto, enable dual core, disable external frame buffer and openmp texture decoder.

Still doesn't work. :3

*Just tried Wind Waker. That seems to work.
Set EFB to Texture and see if that works (I dont remember what exactly is the proper setting for this game)
Pages: 1 2