Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Nvidia Card Immediate Crash
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

SinkedKobold

Hi there,

Been playing some games using my Intel HD GPU, however some games like Xenogears and Smash Bros run pretty slow, so I decided to switch over to my Nvidia GPU. However, every time I opened a game after having selected it, Dolphin automatically crashes. Any way I can fix this?
This will answer all your questions: https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-un...ance-guide

SinkedKobold

(09-10-2014, 04:45 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]This will answer all your questions: https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-un...ance-guide

Ok thanks man.

(09-10-2014, 04:45 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]This will answer all your questions: https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-un...ance-guide

Weird, I've done everything in regards to the GPU as stated in the post, however I'm still getting lower than 30 FPS in the first cutscene in Xenogears. Is it because it's formatted to WBFS?
If you talk about Xenoblade my guess is that it is the shader cache stuttering you are talking about. Unless you get a constant slowdown and not a hickup in dolphin it is normal, shader caching causes hickups that are currently inevitable.

SinkedKobold

(09-10-2014, 05:08 AM)Link_to_the_past Wrote: [ -> ]If you talk about Xenoblade my guess is that it is the shader cache stuttering you are talking about. Unless you get a constant slowdown and not a hickup in dolphin it is normal, shader caching causes hickups that are currently inevitable.

Oh dear, I see. Ah well, nothing I can do about it, just have to deal with it I suppose. Thanks again.
(09-10-2014, 05:13 AM)SinkedKobold Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-10-2014, 05:08 AM)Link_to_the_past Wrote: [ -> ]If you talk about Xenoblade my guess is that it is the shader cache stuttering you are talking about. Unless you get a constant slowdown and not a hickup in dolphin it is normal, shader caching causes hickups that are currently inevitable.

Oh dear, I see. Ah well, nothing I can do about it, just have to deal with it I suppose. Thanks again.

Can you make a few clarifications.
Are you actually using 32 bit windows?
Is your games still crashing with your NVidia card?
What dolphin version are you using exactly?

SinkedKobold

(09-10-2014, 07:29 AM)zephyrsurfer Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-10-2014, 05:13 AM)SinkedKobold Wrote: [ -> ]

Can you make a few clarifications.
Are you actually using 32 bit windows?
Is your games still crashing with your NVidia card?
What dolphin version are you using exactly?

64 bit Windows 8.1
Once I followed the instructions in the link above, it stopped crashing.
Dolphin V4.0
Get latest dev build, they´re faster than 4.0...

And of course, do what the Performance Guide says regarding the GPU prob, if necesary.