Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Render to Main Window Crashes in Latest Build
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Using r3022, having "render to main window" checked causes Dolphin to stop working and then stop responding a few seconds later when I open a game. I'm assuming this has something to do with whichever revision fixed the "toolbar in fullscreen mode" issue, but crashing isn't really an improvement IMO. Also, if I don't render to the main window, I get horrible tearing (even with Vsync on), and more frame drops.
Please post a crash dump and/or setting info. I can't reproduce this on my end.
(09-06-2014, 06:42 AM)shuffle2 Wrote: [ -> ]Please post a crash dump and/or setting info. I can't reproduce this on my end.

I attached my graphics settings, everything under the regular config is default, everything under the "advanced" tab in graphics is unchecked. I'd love to post a crash dump, but I have no idea how. If you tell me, I'll gladly post one if these settings aren't enough info. Thank you.
switch over to the D3D backend
I have an nVidia card, will that cost me a good deal of performance?
Nope, you'll be fine
Just tried with D3D, it still crashes the same way.
(09-06-2014, 09:53 AM)shuffle2 Wrote: [ -> ]Kurausukun:
https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-do...#pid296049

I'm not sure if it makes any difference at all, but I'm including one crash dump using D3D and one using OGL. I put them in a .7z archive because the forum was bitching at me that the files were too big. I hope that's not a problem.
Thanks for the dump.
The crash is happening because CFrame::UpdateGUI() is called when menubar is nullptr. It is probably a regression from my changes...interesting that it doesn't happen to me. I'll check it out and try to fix it sometime soon.
Pages: 1 2