Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Can't Post in Wii Forum Section
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Muffins_McGee

I just registered for an account, and I might have zoned out on this, but it won't let me post in the Game Support section. Am I missing something?
You need to have at least 10 posts to create anything in the Game Support section. https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Announcem...orum-rules

Muffins_McGee

Ahh, okay; so that's where I messed up. Thanks for the information.
Actually, the minimum requirement for posting new threads in Game Support is 1000+ posts (or more technically, you need to be added to the Above and Beyond user group, which is reserved for members with 1K posts). The rules need to be updated to reflect that. The reason for the steep requirement is this: you're not supposed to make new threads in Game Support. We already have threads for nearly every commercial game that has been released (I don't know of any missing ones). You're supposed to find the thread for the game you're having issues with and post there.

The 10 post rule was a hold-over from before we switched to a new system where a thread for each game already exists. Before that, you could have had dozens of threads about the same game (see the Archived Game Support forums, it was a mess). I'll update the Global Forum Rules accordingly later today.
Oh I can make threads there now? *looks at section with evil eyes* Tongue
(08-31-2014, 11:57 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]Oh I can make threads there now? *looks at section with evil eyes* Tongue

Yeah if you can find some games that haven't got their own thread yet :p.
I've spent a lot of time to create most of them (with other usual members) so I can tell you that few should be missing.
The only missing games should be the very latest Wii releases
Kudos to you LV, most of the threads are indeed yours Smile
I'll see if there are any new ones left out. Maybe Just Dance 2015 or the Angry Birds games