Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Graphical issues with Intel Hd 5100 (IRIS) & Intel HD 5200 (Iris Pro)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Strange artifacting issue while playing.. I can reproduce this on The Iris and Iris Pro (not sure if its actually Dolphin Related or a driver issue as changing Rendering settings has no effect on the problem.. Logs dont reveal anything out of the ordnary...

Screenshot attached..

The issue is with the rendering of the crystals.
(08-26-2014, 05:21 AM)RaverX3X Wrote: [ -> ]Strange artifacting issue while playing.. I can reproduce this on The Iris and Iris Pro (not sure if its actually Dolphin Related or a driver issue as changing Rendering settings has no effect on the problem.. Logs dont reveal anything out of the ordnary...

Screenshot attached..

The issue is with the rendering of the crystals.

That might be a mac issue, can anyone with windows and iris pro confirm this?
Well, I don't have an Iris Pro, but at least Intel HD 4000 renders the crystals fine (although slow) in Windows...
(08-26-2014, 06:13 AM)Jhonn Wrote: [ -> ]Well, I don't have an Iris Pro, but at least Intel HD 4000 renders the crystals fine (although slow) in Windows...

Humm mind telling me your settings I'll also try boot camp see if it happens under there windows drivers
Latest Dolphin build and default settings, nothing special...
(08-26-2014, 02:26 PM)Jhonn Wrote: [ -> ]Latest Dolphin build and default settings, nothing special...

crap was afraid of that lol... Might just a issue under mac i need to get boot camp up and running after work to see if i can get it to happen under windows.
I think there might be a relation between your issue and the glitches seen in Zelda Twilight Princess in another thread here. https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-gc...39?page=40 .

If you want to dig backwards, you could check if the crystal glitches are there in Dolphin revisions 4.0-1146, 4.0-1192 and 4.0-1288. If the gliches don't appear in any of those or if they are apparent already in 1146 then this is not the same issue. This could be investigated further if this seems like another issue, if someone is interested.

But to me this sounds like the same kind of issue with Intel HD apple drivers and Dolphin's integer based arithmetics.
(08-27-2014, 08:04 PM)TurboK Wrote: [ -> ]I think there might be a relation between your issue and the glitches seen in Zelda Twilight Princess in another thread here. https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-gc...39?page=40 .

If you want to dig backwards, you could check if the crystal glitches are there in Dolphin revisions 4.0-1146, 4.0-1192 and 4.0-1288. If the gliches don't appear in any of those or if they are apparent already in 1146 then this is not the same issue. This could be investigated further if this seems like another issue, if someone is interested.

But to me this sounds like the same kind of issue with Intel HD apple drivers and Dolphin's integer based arithmetics.

Issues do not appear in those versions well 1146.... Ill attach screenshot so it is n fact like i thought a intel driver issue and you just helped me confirm this.. Maybe posting this to intel dev fourm might get them to look at how intel handles Intgr based algorithms.

wondering if we might be able to dirty hack a intel patch for dolphin....

so even with new intel gpu's we are stuck with a issue thats prob been around sense the hd 3000.... Worse comes to worse i guess i can get a thunderbolt to external gpu connetor and just thow a gtx 660 ti or something in it. Tongue My 15 inch is ok do to the fact it also have a gt 750 in it so at least there its not a issue.
Just a note the new version for mac that re enabled vertex shaders seemed to have fixed some of the issue... Attached screenshot at 1x ir its more prenounced then 1.5 2x and 3 and 4 x it sill exists to a partal degree but no where near as bad as it was..

Screenshot attached.

screenshot was taken at 3x ir i can do one at 1x but i think you get the idea thank you for some improvements Tongue

Disabling alpha channel eliminates the issue entirely but then again it just disables most the effects. Im trying to give as much info as possible testing the issue as it doesn't seem there is to many intel mac users here.

first image per pixel lighting on second one per pixel lighting off