Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Solved] Dolphin game freezes when closed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Basically, when I try to close any game after playing it for a few minutes, the window will freeze and the game won't close. I can still access the game selection / option menus, but I can't open another game without ending Dolphin with my task manager. Computer specs are on my profile if you need it.
How frequently does it occur?
Next time it happens, before killing it in task manager, choose "create dump file" in task manager, compress that file and upload it somewhere.
What is the model number of your CPU? And use the latest dev build.

Make sure you have all your Windows updates installed, and the latest drivers installed for everything. Google search "intel driver update" to update drivers for your cpu.

If that doesn't work, post screenshots of your Dolphin graphics and config tabs.
(08-25-2014, 01:16 PM)shuffle2 Wrote: [ -> ]How frequently does it occur?
Next time it happens, before killing it in task manager, choose "create dump file" in task manager, compress that file and upload it somewhere.
It occurs every time I play a game for a few minutes. If I open a game and close it within about a minute, it closes fine.
Here is the dump file: http://www.mediafire.com/download/on2b2h...n_Dump.zip

(08-25-2014, 01:23 PM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]What is the model number of your CPU? And use the latest dev build.

Make sure you have all your Windows updates installed, and the latest drivers installed for everything. Google search "intel driver update" to update drivers for your cpu.

If that doesn't work, post screenshots of your Dolphin graphics and config tabs.

I have updated all of my drivers for Intel, Nvidia, and used Windows update to make sure everything is up to date. I also tried it using the newest version of Dolphin, but the problem still occurs.
My computer is a Lenovo Ideapad Y580. Below are the settings I use for Dolphin.
[Image: 2j14bwk.jpg]

Thank you both for you help.
Switch over to OpenAL audio backend
(08-26-2014, 09:36 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]Switch over to OpenAL audio backend
Just tried it out. The problem still occurs.
Hi everybody, I just entered the forum to check this exact issue. I'm having the same behavior since version ~ 4.0-2691.I'm under linux using OpenGL and ALSA as audio. If not force-closing, Dolphin closes getting a "segmentation fault" when opening and closing the configuration menu (while this grey screen remains).

Before this issue I had another one, game would start with a grey screen and you should go windows-full screen mode to fix it. That problem was solved, but right after that this one arises.
Hey santasemilla, I think you actually have a different issue: https://code.google.com/p/dolphin-emu/is...il?id=7585
Rekkusu, it looks like you are using a gamepad using rumble with dinput backend.
Can you try using keyboard only input (just use default settings), and see if the issue still occurs?

Also, if you took the dump after attempting to close dolphin, could you re-do the dump just when it has frozen (don't try to close dolphin).
When I switched to the keyboard and mouse, the game closes properly now after playing for a few minutes. I probably should have mentioned I was using Mayflash's GC Adapter.
I reconfigured my controllers to not use the rumble, but the problem still occurs. My ideal solution is to be able to close the game and use the adapter.

The dump file was created when the game froze, but not Dolphin entirely (symptoms described above). I can upload one where the game isn't frozen.
I'll post the link when I have it uploaded.

Thanks again for your help!
Pages: 1 2