Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: New to using Dolphin, need some help please!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've just started using Dolphin and first off i would like to thank the creators for creating such a great program so we all can enjoy our favorite Gamecube and Wii games on the PC. Now to my problem. I am trying to play the Resident Evil 1 Remake Gamecube version and i'm getting major stuttering in gameplay, cutscenes and also audio stutter. I have looked through the majority of guides and i believe my hardware meets the requirements to play this fairly well without any slow downs. I also looked at the guide here https://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?t...ance_guide and messed around with the options it said too. Some seemed to help a bit but not good enough for me to try and seriously play. This is kind of a last ditch effort for me to play this game as i really loved it and would like to replay it. So i'm reaching out to the community for help and i know we can probably get something figured out. Also nice to meet everyone Smile
Try using the latest development version.
Holy Cow, it's actually fairly playable now. However i still get pretty crappy slowdowns in certain areas, cutscenes lag and now when i save in-game at a save location the fps goes to like 10 for about 5 second then back up again. Any suggestions?
Anyone?
sooooooo no one else on the forums can offer any more suggestions? lol i'm not giving up yet i really want to play.
(08-22-2014, 06:52 PM)UndeadCreepshow Wrote: [ -> ]i believe my hardware meets the requirements to play this fairly well without any slow downs

What Phenom processor have you got exactly?
The Phenom II 940
Then that's why. A faster processor will handle the game better.
You will have to upgrade or overclock your CPU if you want more speed
I highly doubt it's my CPU. The Phenom II is a pretty good processor and i've seen people run Dolphin just fine on a dual-core. According to this https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-do...unofficial I should be able to play most games at full speed. Phenom II is in category 3 which is the "Fast" category. It's not the best but like it says should be able to play most games at full speed. It does mention overclocking but does not say its necessary. So any more suggestions? lol
Pages: 1 2