Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: How do I Fix Choppy Audio
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

dark_samus13

considering this is my first post, I cant make it cheesy or anything like that and use emojis everywhere and start off with "hey everyone! My name is-" unless someone has no eyes and cant see who is posting it, then don't explain yourself. I also hate saying hey you guys because it makes me feel like I am talking to someone below me. anyways, my problem is that every game I play has smooth audio at the beginning but when I do an action like fire a gun, bow, arm cannon etc. the audio starts going choppy and theres nothing I can do about it because the audio settings for dolphin are all grayed out and unchangeable. please help
First of all list your specs properly, normally this thread would have been closed right away because of it but we'll see. Second, what game are you trying to play? At first it sounds like your not getting full speed during gameplay thats why the audio is choppy. If your not getting full speed the audio will chop, what framerate are you getting during ingame? However, since you mentioned your audio options are all grayed out then its something wrong with your pc audio settings? Thats what I can think of.
Would've done you good to actually read the rules before you post something in a forum.

Next time provide the following information when you create a thread.
Forum rules Wrote:When creating new threads about Dolphin, always provide your full PC specs (CPU, RAM, GPU, Operating System), information about the Dolphin build used (version/revision, source, etc), Dolphin settings and detailed description of what you're trying to do (e.g including the name of the game you tried to run and a screenshot/video of the issue if necessary). Ignoring this rule will get your thread closed and have you warned off.

If you're unsure what's in your computer, download HWInfo and fill in your profile properly. If your CPU is indeed an AMD Athlon 6400 (which is wrongly put into RAM on your profile), then that's the reason why you're having choppy audio. That CPU simply isn't going to cut it for GC/Wii emulation.