Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Can my computer handle skyward sword?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey every one I'm new to using dolphin, I recently got skyward sword and tried playing it and the fps starts out good around 40 fps when the wii more screen comes up. When it goes into the title screen I'm lucky to get 10 fps it's normally at 5 fps and runs slow.
My computer specs are here in this link http://www.engadget.com/products/toshiba...988/specs/
Please help! I'm guessing my computer can't handle it.
(07-31-2014, 07:11 AM)Rmfh420 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm guessing my computer can't handle it.

Yes. Your CPU is too weak for Zelda SS (and for most games). And your GPU is awful
(07-31-2014, 07:21 AM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-31-2014, 07:11 AM)Rmfh420 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm guessing my computer can't handle it.

Yes. Your CPU is too weak for Zelda SS (and for most games). And your GPU is awful

So what would you suggest? I'm really just trying to record my gameplay without the need of a capture card.
You should get a capture card as it costs far less than a new computer
Thanks man!
but his computer is too weak to run anything . Not even light-weight games can be playable
How can a capture card help him ?
(07-31-2014, 12:13 PM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]but his computer is too weak to run anything . Not even light-weight games can be playable
How can a capture card help him ?

Capture card records gameplay from your console which you can put online.
He wants to use the capture card on his Wii(u), not his PC
(08-01-2014, 05:22 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]He wants to use the capture card on his Wii(u), not his PC

I can't play anything with dolphin maybe but I've played world of war craft on this thing and it runs just fine, so does the sims 3 idk if those are as demanding as dolphin but I would think so.
So my big question is if I got an elgato capture card will my pc even be able to handle the editing after I capture it off my wii u or ps3?
A common misconception is that PC games and Dolphin play similarly. A PC game uses the GPU more; and Dolphin REALLY stresses the CPU, and the GPU when using more enhancements.

I would say yes, you can video edit. However, it may be slow
Pages: 1 2