Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Will i run Xenoblade fine?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Amd a10 6800k
Radeon 8670D
g.skills 8gb 2133mhz
can i run xenoblade with these @ 1366x768?
It should be ok. It's no longer classified as a demanding game, but AMD CPUs have low single core speeds, and dolphin is only a dual core program. You may be able to hit near 100% if you overclock.

But to really know, just rip your disk and try it out with the latest rev builds.
Anyway it should be fairly playable
are you sure guys? i have run monster hunter tri, and it lags..
Define lags, what FPS is it running at?
the lag was gone, i just used the newer 4.0 2299 dolphin,.. but there is this thing popping out whenever i start mh tri.. option useXFB is being overridden by game ini, and some more overridden etc., should i be worried, can you explain what that is, the game runs fine though
Those are settings Dolphin will use for that game to make run better. It overrides some of your settings for specific games. If you open the Graphics menu while playing, you will revert the changes made by the .ini settings, so you may experience problems (since the .ini settings are there to automatically fix things). If you don't touch the Graphics menu during gameplay (do it before you play) you shouldn't have any issues to be worried about.
(07-29-2014, 12:26 AM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]Those are settings Dolphin will use for that game to make run better. It overrides some of your settings for specific games. If you open the Graphics menu while playing, you will revert the changes made by the .ini settings, so you may experience problems (since the .ini settings are there to automatically fix things). If you don't touch the Graphics menu during gameplay (do it before you play) you shouldn't have any issues to be worried about.

oh i see so it is some sort of a preset for that specific game?,. so okay back to my original question, will xenoblade be heavy on my system specs?
The only thing holding you back is that processor if i am correct. AMD processor's are not good with single core applications, and dolphin is well, a single core application(dual core in most of the time). if you wanted something that could play it but wanted it to be cheap. go for the intel core i3 4410. still a great choice for this. otherwise, you might be able to run it, i might be wrong on that though
Xenoblade is not a very demanding game for the CPU, but as we said before you should be.able to play it "fine". If you do encounter slowdowns, you'll need to overclock the CPU, but for the most part you should be good for Xenoblade.

If you really want the best for the lowest price, an Intel Pentium Anniversary CPU sells for pretty cheap, and it can overclock well with the stock Intek cooler. If you're on a tight budget and want something that will play Dolphin with no questions asked about performance, that's the CPU to get. If you don't have a budget (or just need more cores) consider another Intel Haswell CPU. In terms of Dolphin performance, AMD's products are at a serious disadvantage (benchmarks based on Dolphin prove it). So if cash is the issue, I would advise you to save up for a Haswell CPU and motherboard rather than spending anything on an FX CPU. But it's your money, your choice.
Pages: 1 2