Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Buggy TAS Input Widget
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This post will probably end up looking like a mix between a feature request and a bug report (because it's sort of, kind of both.) and is related to the TAS Input widget (Emulation > TAS Input).

In particular, there seems to be a problem or two with the "Main Stick" and "C Stick" inputs (the two circles with blue dots in the middle). The main problem is that when I want to move, say for example, the main stick all the way to the left, I can't - because both blue dots reset themselves to their origins each time a new frame is displayed on screen. And even when I manually drag the blue dots to the same spot for each and every frame, the game seems to simply ignore the input entirely! I don't know if that is intentional or not, but I'd really like it if these two inputs acted like the inputs in the "Buttons" sections do i.e. they stick/stay where they are until you yourself manually move them again.

And as a side note, this error sometimes appears when I (try to) move either of the sticks around with the TAS Input:

http://i.imgur.com/j54R0Oc.png

I'd greatly appreciate if this feedback were to be taken into account for future Dolphin revisions, because it's kind of annoying to be perfectly honest. O__O
It's being worked on already, you don't need to worry Smile
That's awesome! Big Grin
omg this still isn't fixed?

edit: erm, yes it is? Update to latest.
(07-24-2014, 11:34 AM)RachelB Wrote: [ -> ]omg this still isn't fixed?

edit: erm, yes it is? Update to latest.

Okay, so I figured out what was wrong. When I try to use my PS3 controller, I get the resetting blue dot thing (even when I don't actually touch the controller), but when I unplug it/disable it in Dolphin, the blue dots stick where they are as they should.

No idea why my controller's acting up like this. Maybe there should be some way to let the TAS Input override the controller input? (if that's possible)
What version are you using? It works fine for me in latest.
(07-26-2014, 10:31 AM)RachelB Wrote: [ -> ]What version are you using? It works fine for me in latest.

I'm using version 4.0-2258
And you're still having problems with that version? What about in 4.0.2? It was broken for a while recently, but it's fixed now, at least for me.
(07-27-2014, 04:27 AM)RachelB Wrote: [ -> ]And you're still having problems with that version? What about in 4.0.2? It was broken for a while recently, but it's fixed now, at least for me.

It's not broken per-se, but whenever I have my gamepad selected as the input device and I try to manually set the Main Stick's position using the TAS Input, I get the problem where it resets upon every new frame displayed and it ignoring analogue stick input from the TAS Input. With the keyboard as the input device, I have no problems with this.
That is definitely broken if it's happening. Does it happen in 4.0.2?
Pages: 1 2