Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin goes to "sleep" if left unaatended
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
heya guys this has been bugging me lately if theres nothing that an be done than so be it.

anyway if i leave dolphin runnign and emulating any wii game alone with no imput for like 5-10 minutes it goes to "sleep" and wont accept any imput and all i can do is just restart the game. because of this im always saving before i leave the comp but id like to know if there is a way to wake it up.
Control Panel --> Power Options --> Change when the computer Sleeps:
Turn off the display =NEVER
Put the computer to sleep = NEVER
(08-17-2009, 10:16 AM)Diddy Kong Wrote: [ -> ]Control Panel --> Power Options --> Change when the computer Sleeps:
Turn off the display =NEVER
Put the computer to sleep = NEVER

its not my computer that sleeps its the emulator
?
Are you sure?
(08-17-2009, 10:34 AM)Im-Hot-Ur-Not Wrote: [ -> ]How the hell is an emulator going to "fall asleep"?
Go learn some shit, then come back with a real problem.

yeah im quite sure that something is going to sleep that isnt my computer. i go away for 5-10 mins and dolphin stops taking any kind of imput. controller doesnt respond. the wii cursor doesnt appear. i cant scroll through menus with the keyboard either. to be clear my computer doesnt sleep ever. it only shuts off the monitor after 30 mins.

heres a question since dolphin is emulating the wii does it have any kind of stand by like the 360 does. lke after x ammount of time of inactivity the 360 turns off the controller and dims the screen. in that case turning the controller back ona nd moving somethign brings it out of standby mode.

and to the guy who was an ass you can suck a fat one.
(08-17-2009, 11:23 AM)Raiku Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-17-2009, 10:34 AM)Im-Hot-Ur-Not Wrote: [ -> ]How the hell is an emulator going to "fall asleep"?
Go learn some shit, then come back with a real problem.

yeah im quite sure that something is going to sleep that isnt my computer. i go away for 5-10 mins and dolphin stops taking any kind of imput. controller doesnt respond. the wii cursor doesnt appear. i cant scroll through menus with the keyboard either. to be clear my computer doesnt sleep ever. it only shuts off the monitor after 30 mins.

heres a question since dolphin is emulating the wii does it have any kind of stand by like the 360 does. lke after x ammount of time of inactivity the 360 turns off the controller and dims the screen. in that case turning the controller back ona nd moving somethign brings it out of standby mode.

The 360 is cool like that Smile

And for your question, is it possible for you to post a Screenshot of your problem so we can further assist your. Also include your settings if you can.
it happened to me on rev 1659 - 1724
to fix it just pause the game when you are going to be away from the PC
sorry the original quote i wanted was to get screenies anyway i got them now

yeah let me get it to reproduce the effect
trithfully im not sure how stills will show a game not working but here they are.

[Image: Untitled-2.jpg]
this is of the game working as it should you can see the stupid winged pen thing thats the wii coursor and although you cant see my mouse pointer its in the area i painted over about an inch down left from the wii pointer.

heres a screenie of it not working.
[Image: Untitled2-1.jpg]
the wite drawn arror is where my cursor is and althoug you cant see it you can see there is no wii cursor.

now as for settings
[Image: Untitled3.jpg]

currently the game and emu is "asleep" as i call it. this isnt the only wii game that did it it also happens with ffIV the after
I have a real Wii and yes, after a couple of minutes of inactivity the controller disconnects itself in order to save battery. It reconnects after touching any button but I don't know if it will work with the emu.
To my knowledge it doesn't. You will get a wiimote out of sync error unless you have panic handler enabled, and it seems to state the only solution is to restart the emulator. In SSBB, if played with GC controller, you'll get this message after 5 minutes, however you can still play.
Pages: 1 2