Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin goes to "sleep" if left unaatended
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(08-18-2009, 07:15 AM)KHRZ Wrote: [ -> ]To my knowledge it doesn't. You will get a wiimote out of sync error unless you have panic handler enabled, and it seems to state the only solution is to restart the emulator. In SSBB, if played with GC controller, you'll get this message after 5 minutes, however you can still play.
so dolphin still lacks the knowledge to handle the auto disconnections?
hmmm...
pause the game then unpause it when you want to use it again

Xionanx

Bumping for relevance as here it is 3 years later and this problem STILL crops up; because I too had this problem and had to dig around into 3 year old posts to find the answer...

I would suggest adding this to the FAQ, or maybe adding some code to the emulator to simply "Fake" having emulated Wiimotes "always active"
I also have this problem using a PS3 controller via emulated Wiimote. You can't pause MHT so there is no way of getting it to reconnect (not even the Wiimenu works). Whenever I'm gone long enough for the controller to disconnect, I just make a savestate, press esc to close the game and reboot the game, you don't have to fully close the emulator but you do have to exit the game. This is the only time I use savestates as they're not the most reliable.

GOODAMEME

(08-17-2009, 10:10 AM)Raiku Wrote: [ -> ]heya guys this has been bugging me lately if theres nothing that an be done than so be it.

anyway if i leave dolphin runnign and emulating any wii game alone with no imput for like 5-10 minutes it goes to "sleep" and wont accept any imput and all i can do is just  restart the game. because of this im always saving before i leave the comp but id like to know if there is a way to wake it up.

I found that if you click on tools, the connect wiimotes on the drop down, then you can choose which wiimote you want to reconnect
Hey um, did you look at the post dates on this thread before you posted to it? It's nine years old! And the last post here was from six years ago!

https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Announcem...orum-rules
Global Forum Rules Wrote:Necroposting: In the "Dolphin Emulator Discussion and Support" and "Dolphin Site" subforums, do not revive a discussion older than 6 months unless your post adds something meaningful or otherwise contributes to the thread. Please create a new thread about your subject instead. Stickied threads and all other subforums are exempt, however, and users can freely post there regardless of how old the topics are.

*waves her magic moderator wand*

Closed!
Pages: 1 2