Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Sound problem (LLE)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So after a few minutes of messing around I finally am able to play longer than 30 minutes straight without Dolphin crashing on me. I'd like to thank the people on here that have suggested OpenGL + LLE. However, instead of Dolhpin crashing, I am now experiencing sound issues. Well, not really issues but the sound using LLE is delayed by a few miliseconds. This is pretty annoying, as I want to use LLE by default. HLE is pretty shitty IMO. Any suggestions on how to fix this?
What revision are you using? Also, what games are you trying to play? I've never used OpenGL but I think Direct3D11 is actually better choice
(07-13-2014, 05:42 AM)linker357 Wrote: [ -> ]What revision are you using? Also, what games are you trying to play? I've never used OpenGL but I think Direct3D11 is actually better choice

I am now using Dolphin 4.0.2. Direct3D11 is indeed better, but I'm afraid that D3D11 was the cause of all of my crashes in combination with Xaudio/DSound.
Why are you using LLE audio? It's known to crash or hang certain games if running on it's own separate thread. But that's beside the point. HLE audio does well in almost ever situation now. The problem is that you're using the old stable build. The latest development builds have improved HLE audio to the point where LLE audio is unnecessary except in limited fringe cases. Also, the latest development builds are notably faster than 4.0.2. Update your Dolphin version for the best results.
(07-13-2014, 05:58 AM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]Why are you using LLE audio? It's known to crash or hang certain games if running on it's own separate thread. But that's beside the point. HLE audio does well in almost ever situation now. The problem is that you're using the old stable build. The latest development builds have improved HLE audio to the point where LLE audio is unnecessary except in limited fringe cases. Also, the latest development builds are notably faster than 4.0.2. Update your Dolphin version for the best results.

Hey man, I really do appreciate your help! I was just about to update this post that help is no longer needed. I have upgraded my Dolphin to 4.0-1707, a developer build. I found out about this on another forum. My Dolphin now works great using both OpenGL and Dsound! Thanks for telling me to use newer Dolphin versions. I can't understand why I haven't thought of this earlier. My LLE audio now runs fine, but I have yet to test HLE. I use LLE because HLE keeps trippin' balls on me, like background music not looping and completely disappearing.
That dissapearing music is what precisely recent dev builds fix on HLE.
Use the latest builds, and you can use HLE without problems.
I've also gotten disappearing music with LLE on thread in 4.0.2, so I would assume the latest developer builds will also fix LLE, as well as HLE (not that you're likely to need LLE anymore).
Disappearing music happens due to VPS/FPS desyncs of the GPU thread; which is more common on HLE because you're less likely to be limited by audio.