Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Best CPU cooler for Dolphin?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I've been looking at some CPU coolers but i'm not entirely sure which one will give me the best cooling when using Dolphin, what do you guys think is the best? I've seen some like the Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO and the Thermaltake Frio OCK but i'm not entirely sure

elemein

I don't believe there really is a "best for Dolphin", as while Dolphin may stress certain physical location of the CPU more than others, the IHS and TIM (unless you delidded?) sorta normalizes everything.

Meaning, any good cooler will be good for Dolphin.

Yes, the 212 EVO is a good decision. Another great decision at a similar pricepoint is the Enermax T40-TB. In some cases, it performs even better than the 212.
if you're looking for a closed loop water cooler, you could get the Cooler Master Seidon 120v for about $49 and it works pretty great. if you're just wanting air, get the Hyper 212 PLUS

elemein

(07-08-2014, 10:26 AM)Growlith1223 Wrote: [ -> ]if you're looking for a closed loop water cooler, you could get the Cooler Master Seidon 120v for about $49 and it works pretty great. if you're just wanting air, get the Hyper 212 PLUS

The EVO is better than the Plus :o
The 212 evo and Plus are practically the same, the only difference is maybe a 1-3c difference. it's better to get the cheaper, which is the plus. the plus is about $20 while the evo is $40, i don't find the evo worth an extra 20

elemein

(07-08-2014, 10:43 AM)Growlith1223 Wrote: [ -> ]The 212 evo and Plus are practically the same, the only difference is maybe a 1-3c difference. it's better to get the cheaper, which is the plus. the plus is about $20 while the evo is $40, i don't find the evo worth an extra 20

The Plus is 30$ and the Evo is 35$. Where did you find a Plus for 20$?
my mistake for stating prices, but Newegg has the cooler for $20 with MiR. ofc not everyone uses that but it's still a nice thing to have. however my point still stands about how the evo isn't really worth the extra dollars

elemein

(07-08-2014, 12:21 PM)Growlith1223 Wrote: [ -> ]my mistake for stating prices, but Newegg has the cooler for $20 with MiR. ofc not everyone uses that but it's still a nice thing to have. however my point still stands about how the evo isn't really worth the extra dollars

Its most definitely worth the extra 5$, by far.
a 1-3c improvement is not worth it if you already have the plus, if you're going from stock, maybe, but either way, they are both great in cooling, one is cheaper while the other one is a little more expensive. it all comes down to preference really after the price
Well I went out today and the only one I could find was the Thermaltake Frio OCK, any feedback on that? I´m planning on installing it tomorrow
Pages: 1 2 3