Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin Input Lag
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've noticed that Dolphin appears to have one frame of input lag for seemingly no reason. I've tested multiple versions of Dolphin (4.0-648, 4.0 stable, 4.0.2 stable, and 3.5 stable) and have noticed in both Melee and Project M that the character will react to input one frame later on emulator than on the console. It is apparent when doing frame by frame analysis, but can also affect the myriad of frame perfect techniques that smash players employ. I was wondering the purpose for this input lag and if it could be removed.

EDIT: Just did a test with Dolphin 4.0-2012, and the input lag has gone from one frame to three.
Use the latest dev build (I think its like 4.0-2012)
(07-06-2014, 02:47 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]Use the latest dev build (I think its like 4.0-2012)

Just did, the lag is even worse. It increases to 3 frame input lag... this is observed by stopping the game, inputting, and advancing frame by frame.
Are you in high performance mode? use this: https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-un...ance-guide
(07-06-2014, 03:13 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]Are you in high performance mode? use this: https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-un...ance-guide

Yep! I'm on a desktop, but I am in the mode still.
It says laptop guide, but it still applies to desktops Smile

My friend was over last night, and using a PC game controller he was having trouble using some of his smash moves. Are you using a keyboard, PC controller, xbox controller, or GC controller with adapter? I think there might be some input lag on PC/Xbox controllers

Just did some testing with the lag counter turned on (under Emulation>Lag Counter), and it started at like 2 and went up to 7 after a few matches in Brawl. Maybe if a dev comes in and could explain what that means....? Tongue
(07-06-2014, 05:24 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]It says laptop guide, but it still applies to desktops Smile

My friend was over last night, and using a PC game controller he was having trouble using some of his smash moves. Are you using a keyboard, PC controller, xbox controller, or GC controller with adapter? I think there might be some input lag on PC/Xbox controllers

Just did some testing with the lag counter turned on (under Emulation>Lag Counter), and it started at like 2 and went up to 7 after a few matches in Brawl. Maybe if a dev comes in and could explain what that means....? Tongue

Well I am using a MayFlash GC adapter. However, adapter lag shouldn't even be a problem. Advancing the game frame by frame mitigates any problems caused by controller input. The emulator seems to just have a hardcoded frame input lag for no apparent reason.
Well ,that's beyond me, so a dev will need to take a look and give you a better answer.
Screenshot GCPad settings?
(07-06-2014, 07:04 AM)yl-smash Wrote: [ -> ]Screenshot GCPad settings?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9337479/Capture.PNG
Pages: 1 2