Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Laptop CPU for SSBPM?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What is the minimum CPU requirement a laptop would need to run SSBPM/SSBM at full speed on 4.0-648 or 4.0-652? Would the iGPU be enough?

Also, how would the temperatures be on a non-gaming laptop that's able to run these games? Would they be safe and not lower the life of the CPU?
How many players (human) will you intend to play with ? SSBB isn't a GPU intensive game , Intel HD 4600 is fine for 2.5xIR and Intel HD 5200 Iris Pro (i7 4750HQ) is fine for 3xIR
Non-gaming laptop will be ok if you only use iGPU (disable dedicated GPU via Nvidia Control Panel or simply buy a laptop that has iGPU only) . Though I can't say the same for ultrabook / MacBook Air , even the CPU alone is enough to burn it if you let it be at full load
Quote:lower the life of the CPU?
Modern Intel CPU is hard to die . It will shutdown the entire laptop before it's at 100 degree celsius
Either Mobo will die first or dedicated GPU will melt first (gpu solder balls)
I have this (http://www.shopping.hp.com/en_US/home-of...ERGY-STAR-) laptop that has an i7 4700MQ with no dedicated gpu. It works wonders for SSBB. I've never had it overheat/throttle (temps max around ~80C) and I play 2.5X IR without a hitch. Definitely reccomend. However i7 4700MQ might be overkill if you're only planning to play SSBB, it's a very lightweight game.
Project M (SSBB Mod) is quite demanding on the CPU side
That i7 will fit just right for the game
(06-21-2014, 02:04 AM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]Project M (SSBB Mod) is quite demanding on the CPU side
That i7 will fit just right for the game
Really? I play it on my desktop [Athlon 750k (trash)] and I get full speed on every stage except Skyloft and experience some microstuttering when switching menus/starting matches but other than that in runs flawlessly.
Solo player right ? The more player (human , not computer) you add the more demanding the game become
(06-21-2014, 06:42 PM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]Solo player right ? The more player (human , not computer) you add the more demanding the game become

This is on 2 player Netplay. Yeah I could see the game being laggy with 4 players though. 4 players wasn't really lagging though, only on demanding stages/microstutters on moves with big animations.
I guess I have GPU bottleneck after all . I can't get full speed with 2.5IR , turn down the graphic then hola full speed everywhere
This will be for 2 player netplay. For reference my i3 4130 runs 2 player netplay at full speed at about a 50% load, and I heard a Pentium G3220 is enough for PM.
(06-24-2014, 03:22 PM)AwhsumSauce Wrote: [ -> ]This will be for 2 player netplay. For reference my i3 4130 runs 2 player netplay at full speed at about a 50% load, and I heard a Pentium G3220 is enough for PM.
Yeah it is but there's no point in not getting the anniversary edition with unlocked multiplier.
Pages: 1 2