Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Linux] Zelda hyrule field weird slowdown
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
There is something weird happening with zelda TP in hyrule field, I know it has FPS issues in that area but I was used to play with 24/30 FPS in hyrule field with my processor oced to 4.0ghz but now even using 4.5ghz it does not affect the FPS and even worse, the FPS is stuck at 14-18, for example I am playing the last story which is the most demanding game at 28/30FPS, I tried a fresh .dolphin profile, also I changed the settings in all ways but nothing does effect, same FPS no matter what I try... lowest or highest settings gives the same FPS
My TP Settings

[Core]
CPUThread = True
SkipIdle = True
MMU = False
TLBHack = False
DCBZ = False
VBeam = False
SyncGPU = False
FastDiscSpeed = True
BlockMerging = False
DSPHLE = True
[Video]
UseBBox = False
ProjectionHack = 1
PH_SZNear = 1
PH_ZFar = 0.1

that slowdown only started to happen in recent versions of the emulator

Also I am following the thread "Hyrule Field Slowdown Observation" and I am using the patch to speed up hyrule field, believe or not I tried everything so now I conclude that it's an emulator bug
I believe the Drivers are less efficient on Linux still, but someone who's more experienced can correct me. Twilight Princess is an absolute worst case scenario for driver overhead, especially on Hyrule Field. May get better luck on Windows.
(06-12-2014, 10:44 PM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]I believe the Drivers are less efficient on Linux still, but someone who's more experienced can correct me. Twilight Princess is an absolute worst case scenario for driver overhead, especially on Hyrule Field. May get better luck on Windows.
I am not sure if you get it, in my post I said my oc is +1000GHZ for the game since it use two cores (before 4.0 after 4.5 ghz) and it didn't increase at least 1 FPS
Driver Overhead. GPU overhead.
(06-12-2014, 10:49 PM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]Driver Overhead. GPU overhead.
months ago the FPS was fine 24-30 with oc 4.0ghz, so if you are right about the GPU overhead then it was implemented at some point in the emulator not in my system.
The emulator has gotten more accurate and requires more power now than it did before. You can try 4.0-1142 and see if that's faster for you. If so, that just means that the linux drivers are even worse than the windows drivers at integer stuff.
(06-12-2014, 11:23 PM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]The emulator has gotten more accurate and requires more power now than it did before. You can try 4.0-1142 and see if that's faster for you. If so, that just means that the linux drivers are even worse than the windows drivers at integer stuff.

wait... the only game which I am having FPS issues is ZTP, all other games I play at full speed except the last story... so that means the emulator got more accurate just for ZTP in the cost of a huge slowdown?
Twilight Princess Hack was removed, could be that.
That's probably it JMC47. Linux Nvidia drivers run fine on my setup. Have not played TP in a while, but it's probably the only game that's slowed down for me too recently.
https://code.google.com/p/dolphin-emu/so...7ebd964eeb cool... so now, at least, linux users are being affected by that change... thank you developers, the hack is stupid but the decision to remove is more stupid yet, thank you.
Pages: 1 2