Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: OpenGL Crashes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I am having an annoying problem with OpenGL, and I need help.

First, my specs:
Windows 8.1 x64
Intel Core i7-4700-MQ @ 2.40 GHz
Intel HD 4600

OK, when I open any game with OpenGL, it will run perfectly just once. After I end emulation, and try to open the same game again, the emulator crashes before the game loads. It's the same for all my games, they run one time and then any other attempts to load the game results in crashing. Note that D3D runs games without crashing, but because of the glitched pixels with HD 4600, I'd like to get this sorted out.

What I've tried:
Different Dolphin versions: 3.5 doesn't have this problem, but everything I've tried 4.0 and above has the problem. Downloading a new version lets me run my games with OpenGL an additional one time, then they start crashing again.
Changed every graphics setting under the sun, no change.
Tried updating my graphics drivers, I already had the latest updates. I also tried outright unistalling and reinstalling the drivers, no change.
Redumped my games, no change.
Deleted the global dolphin configuration in My Documents, no change

A couple things interesting to note: One, the latest HD 4600 drivers my computer allows is 10.18.10.3304, while the latest drivers Intel lists is 10.18.10.3574. Could possibly be important, I don't know. Another thing is that when Dolphin crashes, it automatically creates a file called "exceptioninfo", and the entry in it says:

Unhandled Exception
Code: 0xC0000005
Call stack info:
0x80447F8F : ?

This seems important, but I can't decode it. Maybe someone can?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Let me know if you need any more information. Thanks in advance.
People on Windows 8/8.1 + Intel HD cards have been reporting this. I don't know of any solution at this time.
Okay, thanks.
I also had instant craches on OpenGL recently with mys HD 4600, but they stopped occurring earlier this year. Maybe in January-February 2014, and I had updated my Intel drivers about the same time, so my guess is that the crashes had to do with those old drivers.

That being said, I still prefer D3D with HD 4600, since it seems a bit faster, Vsync works better etc. The glitchy pixels bother me, too. Enough to install Visual Studio, revert to old TEV combiner formula and build my own version. But it gets better, magumagu has already introduced an even cooler solution, which should be pixelwise the same as the present dev build, just without the glitches. And it is very easy to implement in any new build. Check thread https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-gr...n-4-0-1288
and issue tracker https://code.google.com/p/dolphin-emu/is...67&q=intel for more detail. This may be patched in future dev master builds.
Cool, hopefully this gets implemented soon. Thanks for the info!