Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: NVidia drivers 335.23, OpenGL and F-Zero GX crashes Dolphin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
System Specs:
AMD FX-8120 3.10 GHz
16 GB DDR3
NVidia GeForce GTX 660

I am attempting to run F-Zero GX using OpenGL and Dolphin immediately crashes.
When I use DirectX, Dolphin doesn't crash but I am having issues with the Rain effect in any Lightning track.
I have verified the SHA-1 of my ISO file to make sure it's not a bad dump issue. I have the latest NVidia drivers.
Take a look at the wiki page: https://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?title=F-Zero_GX

About OpenGL:
V-Sync Crashes

If V-Sync is enabled, F-Zero GX will inevitably crash at some point early in play, to the point that it's difficult to even complete a race. Make sure V-Sync is disabled to avoid this.

Starting in 4.0-651, V-Sync is forced on in OpenGL and cannot be disabled. Fixed by 4.0-994.

About the rain effect:
Rain on Lightning Track

Rain on the Lightning tracks appears incorrectly on the D3D9 backend. It is present, but more difficult to see compared to the other backends, to the point where it is nearly invisible for most of the race. OpenGL and D3D11 display the effect correctly, so use one of them if you wish to see it better. Fixed with the removal of D3D9 in 4.0-155.

That will probably solve your problems. Next time, take a look at the wiki page of the game before you post.

I am using 4.0-1624 and still having these issues.
Make sure you have the latest DirectX installed, Google "DirectX Web Installer", as updates to the graphics card do not always update the DirectX.
And BYW, don't let AMD fool you. Those FX processors may have eight cores, but each core is slower than a Phenom II core. You're better off using an Intel for Dolphin.
Downgrade your NVIDIA driver to the 332 release driver, or 334 beta driver.
Tried NVidia drivers 344.67, 337.50 Same results. Dolphin crashes when attempting to run F-Zero GX using OpenGL I tried Mario Kart Double Dash!! with OpenGL, no problems. Super Monkey Ball 2 also worked just fine with OpenGL.
Turn off any cheats you may have enabled.
(05-22-2014, 07:56 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]Turn off any cheats you may have enabled.

Not using any cheats at the moment. I tested the 4.0.2 Stable build using OpenGL. It worked fine, except for the Rain effect on Lightning tracks. Development builds are not working.
Can you find what development build stops it from working?
Pages: 1 2