Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin crashes when trying to start game on Vista
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

mkmk

I asked about this before:
http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/thread-3511.html
The thread was closed. Did I do something objectionable? I read the rules and I don't know what it could have been. I also tried to search for a post about a similar problem but I could not find one. Or did I post in the wrong place?

Anyway, I did what Thelukestir suggested and it still crashes. Chaoscode said that the problem has nothing to do with Vista. Maybe he then knows what could be causing it? I can get the games to start without problems on Linux (although I have some other problems there).
try an older build once and see if tht works....
It is not because of Vista, if it works only on linux, then its a bug related to the Windows version of the code. Also if you post your specs and the game you are trying to emulate would be nice.
also dolphin build cuz you mite hav a buggy one or sumthing...theres a few of them..lol but most are pretty good

mkmk

I have tried several builds and they all have the same problem. I've tried to emulate Metroid Prime (U) and Wind Waker (E). They crash immediately at the start.

specs:
Vista Ultimate x64 SP1
Core 2 Duo E7400 2.80 GHz
4 GB RAM
(ASUS) Radeon HD4850

I don't know what other specs you need to know.
(08-13-2009, 05:01 AM)mkmk Wrote: [ -> ]I have tried several builds and they all have the same problem. I've tried to emulate Metroid Prime (U) and Wind Waker (E).

*sigh* use the newest build, were in the 3970s now, and then report back, also take a screeny of your processes tab in task manager so we can see if anything is running that you can close

mkmk

(08-13-2009, 05:41 AM)THELUKESTIR Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-13-2009, 05:01 AM)mkmk Wrote: [ -> ]I have tried several builds and they all have the same problem. I've tried to emulate Metroid Prime (U) and Wind Waker (E).

*sigh* use the newest build, were in the 3970s now, and then report back, also take a screeny of your processes tab in task manager so we can see if anything is running that you can close

I have already tried 3970 and it has the same problem. I also tried to close all possible processes but that didn't help.

[attachment=1072]
First of all update to the latest DXR, Catalyst 9.3 (or 9.7 if you wish), and get SP2 (not related to this issue most likely but still).

Now tell us what game you are trying to run. If it is the same game it could be just the game is making it crash but that seems unlikely.

Alo81

I'm having the same problem. But after the crash, a little bubble pops up saying that Data Execution Prevention has stopped dolphin from running. I tryed adding Dolphin to the trusted list of DEP but it just tells me that Dolphin CANNOT be added to the list no matter what. Anyone have a solution? BTW, I have tried running as Admin.
(08-14-2009, 11:32 AM)Alo81 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm having the same problem. But after the crash, a little bubble pops up saying that Data Execution Prevention has stopped dolphin from running. I tryed adding Dolphin to the trusted list of DEP but it just tells me that Dolphin CANNOT be added to the list no matter what. Anyone have a solution? BTW, I have tried running as Admin.

Turn DEP off?
Pages: 1 2