Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin crashes when trying to start game on Vista
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Alo81

(08-14-2009, 02:06 PM)Core2uu Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-14-2009, 11:32 AM)Alo81 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm having the same problem. But after the crash, a little bubble pops up saying that Data Execution Prevention has stopped dolphin from running. I tryed adding Dolphin to the trusted list of DEP but it just tells me that Dolphin CANNOT be added to the list no matter what. Anyone have a solution? BTW, I have tried running as Admin.

Turn DEP off?

I tried doing that, but Vista won't let me. There's no option, and I tried doing it through Command Prompt too, no help.
Right-click Dolphin(IL).exe -> select properties -> if there is a button called "Unblock", click it -> if it worked, give me rep. Smile

Alo81

(08-14-2009, 02:17 PM)Core2uu Wrote: [ -> ]Right-click Dolphin(IL).exe -> select properties -> if there is a button called "Unblock", click it -> if it worked, give me rep. Smile

No unblock button.
mkmk, how do you have an NTSC version of one game, and a PAL version of another?
(08-15-2009, 03:19 AM)heccas Wrote: [ -> ]Get Latest Catalyst Drivers http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_catalyst.aspx

Wasn't it explained on page one why that's a bad idea? >_>

EDIT: Ok fine, it wasn't. But I'll explain it now. With Catalyst drivers 9.4 and up, Dolphin leaks memory. Solution: get 9.3 or lower.
(08-15-2009, 07:56 AM)Core2uu Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-15-2009, 03:19 AM)heccas Wrote: [ -> ]Get Latest Catalyst Drivers http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_catalyst.aspx

Wasn't it explained on page one why that's a bad idea? >_>

EDIT: Ok fine, it wasn't. But I'll explain it now. With Catalyst drivers 9.4 and up, Dolphin leaks memory. Solution: get 9.3 or lower.

dolphin leaks memory anyway, but the problem is that atis drivers leak memory in all programs
(08-15-2009, 09:11 AM)THELUKESTIR Wrote: [ -> ]dolphin leaks memory anyway, but the problem is that atis drivers leak memory in all programs

What? That made no sense whatsoever. =/
Oh, it makes sense to me what you said now (I think), buy what you said just isn't true. Dolphin, according to my testing, only leaks memory on Catalyst 9.3+, and the Catalyst drivers DON'T leak memory on everything. All of my other games run just fine, granted that a lot of them are DirectX and not OGL. Tongue
Pages: 1 2