Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Windows 7 vs. 8.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This may be a silly question, but is it okay to use the emulator on win 8.1? Or is it still better on 7?
It's not better on Windows 7. Windows 8.1 is much faster than Windows 7, and is also more receptive to modification. Windows 7 is not better for anything in this day, especially if you modify windows to make it feel how you want it to feel.
I smell BS. Windows 7 is the best ideal gaming OS there is to date. Windows 8 or 8.1 will give you slightly lower fps in gaming and in emulation.
(05-07-2014, 05:20 PM)tuanming Wrote: [ -> ]I smell BS. Windows 7 is the best ideal gaming OS there is to date. Windows 8 or 8.1 will give you slightly lower fps in gaming and in emulation.

Nah, it's pretty much the other way around. Windows 8 actually is some FPS faster.
Can confirm. Windows 8 has a lot more efficient code and you will have more fps on that version. It is faster in general.
Man , I really hate 8.1
Roll back to 8.0 for now , it's way better...
(05-08-2014, 12:15 AM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]Man , I really hate 8.1
Roll back to 8.0 for now , it's way better...

What the heck are you talking about? 8.1 is a lot better in many ways.
8.1 has the Start button back, at least. Tongue
Do people even use the Start Button
I do. To get to the control panel. Or launch programs that only add launch methods to the start menu, and cannot be started directly from the executable directly.
Pages: 1 2