Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: is this pc good enough for these games?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Intel Core i5-4670k 3.4ghz
8gb DDR 1600 Ram
Intel HD graphics 4600

Its a powerspec computer and I was wondering of I can get it to play Mario Sunshine and Zelda windwaker.
And is it a good PC in general. Its called the B721 Desktop Computer made by powerspec and also if I could play on an above average fps so I don't get a headache from a low average like 25 fpsí

And also games like the sims 3 on above average graphics settings and the new sims 4 that's comming out
Yes, your cpu is one of the best for dolphin and should be able to run those fine. Wind waker is a very lightweight game as well. Keep the IR down to around 2x because of the integrated graphics though.
(05-05-2014, 08:08 AM)yl-smash Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, your cpu is one of the best for dolphin and should be able to run those fine. Wind waker is a very lightweight game as well. Keep the IR down to around 2x because of the integrated graphics though.

Thanks for the reply and sorry I'm not that knowledgeable with computers yet I'm gonna be going to college taking computer science. And gonna build a computer of my own one day Smile
You´ll also do well on SMS.
You'll also do well on almost any game :p
For the few that can be run, but can't on your system as-is, you'll need to overclock your CPU a bit, though. This is a tiny minority of games, though. If you decide to do this, you'll need to check if your motherboard supports overclocking (your CPU does, though) and then invest in a decent CPU cooler so you can do it safely and without damaging anything.
Could anyone also tell me if it could play the sims 3 on high settings and the sims 4 that's comming out as well? Also what about the nvidia geforce gt 630 with the processor I said earlier?
You probably won't be able to put the settings that high on your integrated GPU, and a GT 630 won't be any better. The Sims will be perfectly playable, but not as pretty as it can get, and other PC games will have the same issues, but may drop below what would be defined as enjoyable.

Your best bang/buck option would probably be a GTX 750 Ti if you can afford it, and that'll handle Dolphin at high IR levels, and most modern PC games pretty well, but there'd be lots you couldn't max out, and it would be a shame to have such a fine processor paired with a midrange GPU, so if you're willing to put the extra money in for something better, it might be a better idea.
(05-06-2014, 07:58 AM)AnyOldName3 Wrote: [ -> ]You probably won't be able to put the settings that high on your integrated GPU, and a GT 630 won't be any better. The Sims will be perfectly playable, but not as pretty as it can get, and other PC games will have the same issues, but may drop below what would be defined as enjoyable.

Your best bang/buck option would probably be a GTX 750 Ti if you can afford it, and that'll handle Dolphin at high IR levels, and most modern PC games pretty well, but there'd be lots you couldn't max out, and it would be a shame to have such a fine processor paired with a midrange GPU, so if you're willing to put the extra money in for something better, it might be a better idea.

I have about 1000$ to spend and its including a monitor so ant suggestions at that budget ?
Ideally you'd want:

i5 4670K
A decent Z87 motherboard
4GB+ RAM (Dolphin only needs 2GB, but some games may use more than 4. Anything past 8 will be expensive for minimal gains)
GTX 750 Ti or better (Beyond the GTX 770, though, it'll likely turn out cheaper to get a cheaper GPU now, and buy another in a couple of years with the money you saved now.) AMD cards are fine too, but I've not got used to their new numbering system yet, so am not sure where the cut off points are.
A decent case
A decent PSU
A decent HDD
Optional: Samsung 840 120GB or better SSD
A decent CPU cooler (for safe overclocking). The Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo is great and cheap, but there are other, more expensive options too.
Decent peripherals (Monitor, Keyboard + mouse, speakers etc.)
Windows 7 or 8.1 (Not free unless you have dreamspark) or Linux (many distros are fine, but none will work with DirectX, so you'll be restricted to very few PC games)

If you're willing to build yourself, and if you find a good supplier, the cost can change by a good few hundred dollars, so shop around.
Pages: 1 2