Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: WFC Shutdown
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So I hear that Dolphin can connect to real wii users. Is it possible to run the servers vice versa (wii to Dolphin servers) since the Nintendo servers are shutting down?
Dolphin uses the same servers the Wii does...
(04-24-2014, 09:06 AM)DJBarry004 Wrote: [ -> ]Dolphin uses the same servers the Wii does...

So... when Nintendo wfc shuts down... Dolphin no longer has net-play?
Possibly. But most people are trying to replicate the servers so Wii multiplayer games can still be enjoyed.
(04-24-2014, 09:13 AM)DJBarry004 Wrote: [ -> ]Possibly. But most people are trying to replicate the servers so Wii multiplayer games can still be enjoyed.

Is there a thread on this?
(04-24-2014, 09:17 AM)DJBarry004 Wrote: [ -> ]This one: https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-ni...ntendo+wfc
Alright, thanx DJ
(04-24-2014, 09:08 AM)Skiinniier Wrote: [ -> ]So... when Nintendo wfc shuts down... Dolphin no longer has net-play?

Netplay and wii-network are two completely distinct features, when Nintendo WFC shut down occur, online features in games that support it will stop working,but it'll still be playable through Dolphin Net Play feature if it supports local multiplayer...
(04-24-2014, 10:33 AM)Jhonn Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-24-2014, 09:08 AM)Skiinniier Wrote: [ -> ]So... when Nintendo wfc shuts down... Dolphin no longer has net-play?

Netplay and wii-network are two completely distinct features, when Nintendo WFC shut down occur, online features in games that support it will stop working,but it'll still be playable through Dolphin Net Play feature if it supports local multiplayer...

That's exactly what I was trying to get across, thank you Jhonn. So is it possible that we can create some
kind of home brew app that will connect local multi player wii games from wii to wii, or wii to Dolphin?
I won't say it's impossible, but I think it's unlikely to occur...
Pages: 1 2