Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: WFC Shutdown
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I guess since Dolphin emulates the Wii, WiiConnect24-related channels won't work I guess.
WiiConnect24 was terminated some time ago.
Internet Channel works pretty well. Wii Shop Channel, Forecast and News Channel run but fail with an error code (in Dolphin some Wii internal features aren't emulated, causing this). Haven't tested other channels with internet-related features...

EDIT: nevermind, I confused WiiConnect24 with the actual Internet Connectivity. As far as I know, the only remaining WiiConnect24 feature that still works is the daily stage download from Super Smash Bros Brawl

EDIT 2: somewhat ninja'd by MaJoR =/
Then you should edit the WiiConnect24-related channels on the dolphin wiki to reflect this.
The channel's wiki pages already have that info.
(04-26-2014, 10:08 AM)Jhonn Wrote: [ -> ]The channel's wiki pages already have that info.

No they say that "WiiConnect24 will be shut down but it may still work in Dolphin." instead of saying "WiiConnect24 HAS shut down and these channels won't work in Dolphin."
Because WiiConnect24 hasn't shut down yet... In a real Wii these channels works until June. Anyway, instead of complaining, you can just go and edit the wiki, it's open to everyone (just make sure to follow the wiki conventions, otherwise your edits may be reverted)...
Jhonn Wrote:Because WiiConnect24 hasn't shut down yet... In a real Wii these channels works until June

Most WiiConnect24 functionality was shut down on June 27, 2013. Games that use it can't, the wii message service is gone, and most channels that used it are down as well. I assume you are thinking of June from last year? Cause nothing I've seen says that services are going down in June of this year...

Buuuuut, there is an exception - some wii channels still work. It's kind of weird. It will either go when WFC goes or whenever the Wii Shop goes... whenever that is.
That's right, I knew that was June, but got confused about the year, thanks for clarifying...
Pages: 1 2