Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Development Builds won't run on my system
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there,

I'm attempting to run any and all development builds of Dolphin after v1300, which has the sound fix for Super Mario Galaxy 2 integrated... but none of them work for me. The latest official release works for me, but whenever I run Dolphin builds, they just gray out when I try to run a game (the video window). Also, trying to access wiimote controls results in a crash as well.

I'm running the latest nvidia drivers, if that at all matters... and with all the basic settings needed to run SMG2 normally (Direct 3D).

I tried Open GL and nothing happened as well...

I even tried installing Ubuntu, but failed at getting Dolphin builds to run because of dependencies issues. Of course, I'd much rather prefer using Windows 7 to Ubuntu... so can anyone help me?

Thanks so much...
The latest nvidia drivers are known to be broken. See https://www.facebook.com/dolphin.emu/pos...9847091791

EDIT: Actually, D3D is supposed to work fine.. well, downgrading your driver might be worth a try regardless.
Okay, downgraded Nvidia drivers to nvvidia 320.49 (pretty old drivers) and it's not graying out on me, but it just boots up to a black screen that sits there... until I try to close it, at which point, it hangs, then finally shuts down. Again, the official dolphin release works for me, but none of the configurations for fixing SMG2 sound work for me on that build, so I'm curious to try a developer's build.
(04-23-2014, 01:25 AM)parallelepipeds Wrote: [ -> ]Okay, downgraded Nvidia drivers to nvvidia 320.49 (pretty old drivers) and it's not graying out on me, but it just boots up to a black screen that sits there... until I try to close it, at which point, it hangs, then finally shuts down. Again, the official dolphin release works for me, but none of the configurations for fixing SMG2 sound work for me on that build, so I'm curious to try a developer's build.

Okay. Figured it out. Droidmote crashes Dolphin. I was using droidmote so I could control the game via my NVidia Shield.... anyone know a way to get droidmote running with developer builds?
Well, to answer my own question, after breaking operating systems, re-installing windows 7, installing windows 8.1 and trying everything under the sun, it turns out that 3 of the HID USB controllers that are associated with droidmote cause dolphin to crash. I simply disabled them in device manager and then I can use droidmote with developer's builds of dolphin. This has been a 4 day project... but now I can play Super Mario Galaxy 2 with music that actually doesn't stall or de-sync with gameplay.