Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Brand new computer getting some pretty low performances
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Zedig

Hey there ! I own a brand new computer, intel Xeon E5-2620 2.10ghz, 32 gb of ram (corsair), nvidia geForce GTX 770, that i use to work smoothly in 3ds max, zbrush and those kind of heavy softs without any problems, but when it comes down to dolphin ( i use the 4.0 64bit version ), it sometimes get extremely slow, especially when playing batten Kaitos ( when it doesn't crash ).

I tried to look on the internet if there was a way to allocate more ram or cpu to dolphin, because when i run it with the task manager open, it shows that it use almost nothing of my ressources, i wonder if the problem is a particular piece of hardware that is not compatible ( although i looked a little and it doesn't seem to be uncompatible in general ), or maybe it is another thing that i can't put a grasp on.

Thanks !
Dolphin only uses 2 cores, and your CPU speed is too low

Zedig

aarrrhhh, alright, that's a bummer ! Thanks for anwering !
We really can't tell if it's just low performance, or abnormally low performance without more concise examples.

Zedig

On batten kaitos for example, it can drop down to 45% when in too busy maps, when in light maps, it goes aroung 85% The only moments when i touch 100% is inside houses.
I don't exactly know how harsh that game is to run. If it's a very difficult game to run, that may mean you can still get decent performance in other games. If it's a lightweight game, then you're in trouble.

Your processor clock is extremely low, but if you want to know how you compare, please check out: https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-ne...e-required

and get your results.
And Dolphin, as you noted, doesn´t need that much RAM (1 or 2 GB is enough).