Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Blackscreen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I have a ps2/ps1/n64 emulator on my computer and they all work fine. i have 30+ fps at all times and only minor problems. When im trying to use Dolphin (on ubuntu 13.10 gnome) all i see is 10-20 vps and no fps and a black screen. I have tried several games including super mario sunshine, luigis mansion, paper mario the thousand year door, and legend of zelda wind walker. i tried using dolphin on the same rom i had (to make sure it was corrupted) on my friends windows 8 computer and it works just fine on all of them. I just want to try and figure out what is going on.
Fill out your profile with complete information and maybe someone could at least start to help you.
Dolphin isn't comparable to other emulators due because of differences in consoles CPU/GPU.

As per the forum rules: When creating new threads about Dolphin, always provide your full PC specs (CPU, RAM, GPU, Operating System), information about the Dolphin build used (version/revision, source, etc), Dolphin settings and detailed description of what you're trying to do (e.g including the name of the game you tried to run and a screenshot/video of the issue if necessary). Ignoring this rule will get your thread closed and have you warned off.

What specifically is your CPU? Your profile says "inter 15". That's not a CPU. I'm guessing you meant to say either an Intel i5 or Intel clocked at 1.5 Ghz. Either way, that's not enough info to go by. So please:
1) Post your CPU in this thread
2) Update your CPU and GPU in your profile.

Which Dolphin version are you using? One of the stable builds, or a dev build? Did you download a package from the website, or did you compile it yourself? Since you're running Ubuntu, these questions are more important than if you had been on Windows.

You did provide a game list and a vague description of your problem, but we would like to get more info. Please take pics of your graphics settings from Dolphin, upload them to an image hosting site, and then link them to this thread in a post, so that we can see how you have Dolphin set up
Sorry about that. I did it in a rush. I am at work right now and will fix all the information when i get home. But for now. What i know off the top of my head is that i added to ppa and downloaded it and installed it through terminal. My computer is a sony 20" all in one computer with touch screen. It has a i5-3337U processor and 4gb of ddr3 ram (one stick), Intel® HD Graphics 4000, 500 gb 5400 rpm sata hard drive, the graphic settings are default (i didnt change anything) and when i go to run the games, the second screen pops up and it all black except for the top bar where it says the name of the game, fps:0 and vps 10-20. Sorry again about low information. I hope this is enough info till i get home.
Your CPU is too slow for the game you´re trying to play (ultra-low voltage model). Make sure your dump isn´t corrupt.
@DJBarry - The CPU speed has nothing to do with the black screen. It's nice that you're giving ragepage a heads up about performance, but it's kind of irrelevant at the moment.

@ragepage - To elaborate on what DJBarry said, it sounds like your dump is corrupt (90% of black screen errors I've seen on the forums are from bad/corrupt dumps). Redump/rerip your game from the disc. Once you get a new dump, verify the MD5 hash (use WinMD5 to get the hash) by comparing it to verified dumps. Go to websites like Redump.org or GameTDB.com to get verified hashes. If your hashes and theirs don't match, you don't have a 1:1 byte-for-byte copy of the game disc, and you should redump your game until the hashes match.
(i edited my profile with better information)

And i will try to re rip it but as i said above. I used the same rom at my friends house and i also tried it on my girlfriends computer and it worked at both places with no problem.
Also the latest versions of Dolphin can get the md5 from the properties menu in the info tab with the button "compute md5"
(04-17-2014, 08:59 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]Also the latest versions of Dolphin can get the md5 from the properties menu in the info tab with the button "compute md5"

Sweet, I remember talk of doing so around when 4.0 came out. Now giving out the same advice over and over again just got easier :p
i just checked the numbers and they are the same on my rom then on redump.org
Pages: 1 2 3