Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Blackscreen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3

tikibomber

I am using Dolphin R 6515 x86, trying to play Harvest Moon Animal Parade, and my screen is constantly going black

My OS is Vista x64 (Yes, I know, blech)
My video is XFX Force Card; 73-GPACK020-000 or R5-230A-CLHR
My GPU is.... I don't know.
I know it is a Pentium Dual Core with 6 GB Ram, and 2.60 GHz

I was able to play the game just fine before playing with some settings to get it to run faster, and now it won't load up right. All I get is black screen.
I was messing with the settings so I could get past Level 20 of the Water Cavern so I could continue with the quest line.
I checked with this forum, as I couldn't find anything else for this problem for the game itself, and saw the code to getting a black pearl cheat. Went and added it and had no problems when I ran it with the cheat. I then went to change the settings so the game could run faster, only it wouldn't get past the 30 FPS when outside, or in towns.

I have Enabled Dual Core, Idle Skipping, and Cheats (for the pearl). JIT Recomplier is selected. Skip GC Bios is selected. Using Direct3D11x86 with DSP-HLE x86. Adapter is AMD Radeon HD 6450, Aspect Ratio is 4:3. Anisotropic Filtering is 2x. No Anti Aliasing. Load Native Mipmaps and EFB Scaled Copy are both selected. Fractional Scale, and Enable CPU Access is selected. I have EFB Copy Regions selected and XFB Enable Virtual.
I hope all this info helps.
tikibomber Wrote:I am using Dolphin R 6515 x86, trying to play Harvest Moon Animal Parade, and my screen is constantly going black

Old Dolphin revisions are not supported here. Update to something 4.0 or newer if you want help. Seriously, it's likely an issue that has since been fixed years ago. Newer revisions will most likely run slower though, but the speed issues are hardware related. Additionally, when asking questions of this nature, please come to us with your full PC specs (use CPU-Z and GPU-Z to properly identify your CPU and GPU respectively).

tikibomber

(04-17-2014, 02:24 PM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]
tikibomber Wrote:I am using Dolphin R 6515 x86, trying to play Harvest Moon Animal Parade, and my screen is constantly going black

Old Dolphin revisions are not supported here. Update to something 4.0 or newer if you want help. Seriously, it's likely an issue that has since been fixed years ago. Newer revisions will most likely run slower though, but the speed issues are hardware related. Additionally, when asking questions of this nature, please come to us with your full PC specs (use CPU-Z and GPU-Z to properly identify your CPU and GPU respectively).

I don't want to use the newer version because I do not want to restart all of my files.
I just want help with the version that I use so I may continue playing all my saved files that I have.
Yeah, but that's the thing, the version you want to use is not supported. You're free to use whatever you want, but anything older than 4.0 we don't offer support in this forum.

If you saved using the GC memory card or the Wii saved memory (i.e. anything but save states) all you have to do is copy+paste a few files to upgrade to the latest revision.

tikibomber

(04-18-2014, 02:49 AM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, but that's the thing, the version you want to use is not supported. You're free to use whatever you want, but anything older than 4.0 we don't offer support in this forum.

If you saved using the GC memory card or the Wii saved memory (i.e. anything but save states) all you have to do is copy+paste a few files to upgrade to the latest revision.
So, you are saying even though the older versions of Dolphin are available from the download page, that there will be no help for those said versions?
If they are available for people to go in and download, then it would stand clear that there would be help available for those said services.
(04-18-2014, 03:47 AM)tikibomber Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-18-2014, 02:49 AM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, but that's the thing, the version you want to use is not supported. You're free to use whatever you want, but anything older than 4.0 we don't offer support in this forum.

So, you are saying even though the older versions of Dolphin are available from the download page, that there will be no help for those said versions?
If they are available for people to go in and download, then it would stand clear that there would be help available for those said services.

They are not available on our download page - https://dolphin-emu.org/download
We compile the source code for Dolphin builds on this site as a convenience for users. Our policy has been for quite a while that anything older than the latest stable build is unsupported on the forums. Simply because old builds are still available for download does not imply we still support them. That sort of thinking is based on assumptions.

Even though 3.5-xxx builds are not supported, there's really no valid reason for stripping them from the Download page, especially if you consider archival purposes or regression testing.
Hey... is anyone still paying attention to my question? i tried redumping and checked the md5 and the md5 match up to redump.org's and still doesn't work.
You've also got it working on other computers, haven't you? Maybe try running some stress testers to check if your CPU is stable, as it's a slim possibility something's wrong and generating garbage.
What drivers are you using? (IIRC there are a few different on Ubuntu).
Pages: 1 2 3